Chapter 5

One month passed but there was no sign of the lost Mr Oberoi.

Anika started staying away from everyone, she used to sit alone in her room or on terrace, while looking towards the gate with hope that Shivaay will enter soon. Limits were crossed when one day she noticed that Pinky replaced her fresh food with food prepared on earlier day, saying that she does not deserve this kind of luxury because she's a bad omen. Anika did not reveal it to anyone and kept bearing her insults. She was heartbroken with the hatred this woman was carrying in her heart for no reason.

Anika never shared her pain with anyone but after 5 days Rudy had it enough so he threw a big tantrum that whatever is happening with her, it should not impact the relation of a mother and son, from that day Rudy became her all time support.

Rudy started teaching her some Basic English and enrolled her name in an online Maths and Reasoning classes. She effortlessly learned all the concepts, Rudy was proud of his Bhabhi Maa and without her knowledge he applied one entrance tests on her behalf. Anika has already done her Bachelor's degree in Science, so it was not a problem to apply for it. These exams will be held after few months and she has recently enrolled in a course related to Human psychology.

After 1.5 month of Shivaay's disappearance Anika was still waiting for him but now she had her new found interest in studies. She utilized all her waking hours in solving Math and Reasoning problems, Rudy was helping her with English also.

Anika was studying like crazy; it looked like the only goal in her life, unaware of the fact that she is doing the right thing to pass the entrance exam applied by Rudy. She wanted to surprise Shivaay when he comes back home, he will find a new Anika, who is better at Mathematics than him. She has solved many practice papers and given online mock tests. Rudy bought some copies of Competition Success and she learned a lot about General Knowledge Topics also, without her knowledge he was providing everything to prepare for her exams.

Four months passed like this, Pinky's taunts kept increasing, she tried all possible tactics to push away Anika from the family or better to chase her away from OM. Dadi and Jhanvi felt pity for Anika but the woman in question was crazily studying all the books provided by Rudy. Everyone knows that her pattern is unhealthy but they know that she needs a distraction to keep her mind busy. 

..
..

One day Anika was engrossed in studying about rural development initiatives in India when she heard noise from outside and sensed change in Mansion's air.

Anika ran towards the main hall, first her eyes landed on the man who was the cause for all her troubles but he is also her lifeline and somehow she breathed in relief after 4 long months. But soon she noticed his hands and then he started addressing the media without paying any attention towards her "Hello all, sorry for my disappearance. I had met with an accident but I'm fully recovered now. Thank you for coming here on such a short notice, I have an important announcement."

"Meet my newly wedded wife...."

Media started taking Anika's pictures but she was only looking at her husband who was holding another lady's hands and he was ignoring her from the time he has entered OM. Her trance was broken when Shivaay suddenly started yelling "What the hell, who's that person, why are you taking her pictures?"

Anika looked at him in confusion, along with all the people who were present in the main hall and finally media asked the question on everyone's mind "Sir, she is your wife Mrs. Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi, you proposed her in presence of whole media, it was a wonderful scene for all our viewers."

Shivaay stormed towards the reporter and held his collar roughly "Hold your tongue, otherwise I will kill you. How can you say that this middle class trash is Shivaay Singh Oberoi's wife?" Others tried to interfere again but he pushed away that reporter and yelled again "ENOUGHH!!..I don't want any drama, all those who have a problem, can leave from here"