Chapter 59

Conversation continued from the point when VAni revealed about everything to their family and Gauri

Manish looked at them in disappointment "Matlab tum dono Police officers ho aur mission pe ho?"

VAni frowned at his lack of enthusiasm, atleast they deserve some respect for cracking the toughest exam in country.

Balwant was confused, he has to ask again because his observation cannot be so wrong "Matlab tum dono bas Police officers hi ho?

Manish looked at them suspiciously and again asked the same question "Matlab bas IPS officers hi ho na?"

VAni looked at them in confusion, what are they implying "Haan Dad/Uncle bas Police officers hi hai aur kuch nahi" but his next words made them frown more "Manish main aur nahi ghuma sakta baat ko". Manish nodded his head and Balwant continued "Ummm...Tum dono relationship mein ho kya?"

VAni looked at each other not knowing what to say but their answer was enought to confuse everyone because Anika said "Yes" and Veeranshu said "No" at the same time. Everybody except Hyderabad fam gasped and looked at Anika, she was too busy in glaring at Veeranshu.

Veeranshu looked at her innocently "Sweetheart, don't look at me like this. Mujhe laga tum mana karogi."

Anika stomped on his foot "Veeranshu ne nahi bola hai toh yehi sach hai. Hum log kisi relationship mein nahi hain"

Veeranshu unleashed his biggest weapon, his puppy face to placate her "Sorry yaar, main toh tumhare liye hi bol raha tha"

Gauri was impatiently waiting for the answer "Aap dono ladayi baad mein karna, pehle kuch bolo." Anika smiled sheepishly and looked at Gauri, she's sure that her sister is already sharpening some tools in her mind for killing her.

Gauri glared at her "Di yaar, ab bolo bhi kuch, pata nahi aur kitni baatein chupa rakhi hain aap logo ne."

Anika muttered "Chutki wo..." and Swarna chuckled at her daughters, elder one is clearly having a bad day "Anu beta, pehle tum Mumma wo...pe atki thi, ab Chutki wo pe..."

Anika looked at Veeranshu for help but he shrugged his shoulders "Tumhari hi behen hai, main kuch nahi bol raha beech mein, mujhe maar daalegi." She mumbled something incoherently and explained them about the conversation she had at the party venue with Veeranshu, how he indirectly shared his feelings and how they have decided to give their relationship a chance.

Gauri scratched her head in confusion "Hum abhi bhi confused hi hai, aap logo ka relationship status hai kya?"

Anika chuckled lightly and she entwined her fingers with him "We like each other and we are trying to understand our relationship before making it official."

Gauri frowned at her, Anika gulped in fear but next second she was engulfed in a tight hug. Gauri would have been happy if they stayed in the same house like before but she cannot drag her back to the place where Anika was always judged and humiliated. She has seen VAni's bond and she also knows that along with love they respect and trust each other, which is very important in any relationship because her own relationship flourished when both of them started respecting and trusting each other.

Swarna and Chandrakala jumped in happiness, both of them had a dream to see the Grand Veeranshu Singhania and Anika Goenka marriage but fate played a game and they were snatched from them. Now they can only wish that everything goes smoothly for their children and both can unknowingly fulfill their long pending wish. Jhanvi joined their celebration, she was trying very hard to find a good match for Anika from past two years but she wasn't aware that returning to Oberoi Mansion could be so lucky for them.