Chapter 40

VAni finally understood their childhood connection, both hugged each other tightly after recalling everything

..

..

Anika tightened her hold around Veeranshu's torso "Vinshu, aaj main bht khush hu, tum finally mil gaye mujhe lekin...ummm." He rubbed her arms affectionately "Don't worry Sweetheart, Chutki bhi mil jayegi."

She looked in his eyes with a small smile playing on her lips "Tum aj bhi..." He ruffled her hair adoringly, like he used to do whenever she looked too cute for him to handle  "Tumhare bina bole hi tumhari problem samajh leta hu?"

She recalled the time when she used to get confused while doing chores and he helped her without even asking the reason of her confusion.

He looked at her, she was still lost in her thought, before she could cry more, he lifted her face with his index finger "Sweetheart, ro ro kar dekho kya kar lia?" She frowned at him in confusion, he tapped on her nose and cheeks "Tumhari naak aur mooh Bandar jaisa laal ho gya hai."

She pushed him away and looked at herself, then she glared at him "Main aur Bandar?" He stepped away from her and held his ears to say sorry but she pounced on him like an angry kitten "Oh sorry sorry, bandariyaaa..."

Veeranshu ran away after smacking her head and she ran behind him with a wooden box in her hand. He yelled while running around the house "Sweetheart ye box matt phenkna mere upar tumhari tarah iski bhi umar ho gayi hai, toot jayega. Dekho kaise saans chadh rahi tumhari."

Anika huffed in anger and she aimed a n empty glass towards him, he dodged it and laughed loudly but soon she looked at him with horrified eyes "O bete ki, kitni moti Chipkali hai." He stuck his tongue out and teased her "Humesha ye trick kaam nahi karegi."

She chuckled and pointed towards the ground, that did the trick and he leaped towards her to save his life, it's obviously better to get smacked by his Sweetheart than to die at the hands of this dangerous reptile.

Veeranshu rushed towards her like his life depended on it but stumbled on a broom kept in the way. She rushed to get hold of his hand but both landed on the couch, with Anika on top of him.

He was about to get up but his eyes locked with mesmerizing honey brown ones. She unknowingly leaned towards him and traced his face with her fingers, he still has the same innocence hidden behind his rowdy look.

He wanted to hold back her hand, she's not even aware what she's doing to him but one from the back of his was going all crazy "Oye, khabardaar jo haath pakda toh, karne de jo kar rahi hai."

Veeranshu kept staring her face, like she has put him under some kind of spell. His thoughts wandered to the time when they were kids he wanted to be the one to protect her from all hardships but life played an unjust game with them. He also has few memories of their childhood, but he remembers roaming around the streets with two girls in search of their parents but nobody helped them. Once they were crying for food when a man came and left them outside an orphanage, their life changed for good in the starting but turned into a horror story after few years

He recalled those memories and  tightened his hold around her arms, what if someone will try to separate them again. She raised her eyebrows to understand his sudden possessive hug but, keeping the emotions apart he winked at her "Waise main yahan leta rahu aur tum mere upar leti raho, maza..."

She suddenly realised about their proximity and her red ears gave away her flustered face. He chuckled and pulled her closer as she was making no attempt to get up "I know tumhe ye gadda bahot pasand aaya hai, I really don't mind." She smacked on his chest and muttered while hiding her embarassment "Cheee...cheapde kahi ke, chup ho jao, iske aage kuch matt bolna"