Chapter 56

VAni reached Maha Arti venue after a meaningful discussion about their relationship and they were greeted by Khanna, he indicated VAni to follow him to a safe corner.

Anika looked at him in confusion "Khanna ji, Kuch pata chala hai kya apko?"

Khanna nodded his head and showed her a file but he pulled it back when she was about to take it. Anika looked at him in confusion but soon realised her mistake, so she repeated "Khanna Bhaiya, kuch pata chala apko?"

Khanna grinned widely, he recalled when she unknowingly called him Khanna Bhaiya and now he wants her to call him Bhaiya and not Khanna Ji. He has also taken a promise that she will share her address before going and he has assured her that he will not tell it to anyone because he is only planning to visit her on every Rakshabandhan and Bhai dooj.

Anika smiled at the burly man who's more like a big teddy bear, the other day his eyes filled with tears when she called him Bhaiya, that was the day when she realised that how much he is attached to her. Somehow she has a strong bond with almost all people related to Oberoi Family except the person who was supposed to help her in nurturing these bonds but now she has no regrets about him. She cannot harbour feelings of hatred for Shivaay, he only stood by his principles and when she found it hard to stand by his side, she chose to walk away. The only thing she did not realise was, when she walked away she left many people behind who were not at fault and they love her to the core. She wants them to be a part of her current life and Khanna is definitely on top of that list.

This time she has vowed that she will create her own links and keep them tied together. The way Veeranshu is patting Khanna's shoulder to calm him down, she knows this is the man who will help her in sorting out every mess of her life.

Khanna smiled and continued with his update "Wahan VPC nahi aaya tha, koi security team se tha jisne lock badla tha, Manmohan naam hai uska"

Veeranshu looked at him sceptically "Aapne usse kuch kaha toh nahi?" He shook his head "Nahi, ap logo se baat kiye bina kaise bol deta?"

Khanna gave them a file and both read it. There was no connection between Manmohan and VPC in it, but they found it fishy that he has been purchasing some costly electronics from past few months. All purchases were done in cash but Oberois pay their employees through cheques, where was he getting all that cash from?

Anika looked at Veeranshu "Iska pattern dekh ke lagta hai, ye aj phir se kuch khareedne jayega." He pulled out his phone "Main ek officer ko iske peeche lagata hu."

Khanna grinned proudly "Sir mujhe shabaashi dijiye". Anika and Veeranshu looked at him in confusion, what happened to him suddenly and they got more confused when he pulled out a red pouch from his pocket and showed a bundle of currency notes to them.

Veeranshu rolled his eyes "Sweetheart dekh rahi ho, tumhare Bhaiya ki salary hum logo se zyada hai to humein chidha rahe hai."

Anika chuckled listening to his complaint but both looked at Khanna seriously, what did he do to get his hands on this kind of cash, Two lakh rupees is not a small amout for a security guard.

Khanna chuckled and he showed them a CCTV footage where Manmohan was shopping for some gadgets and he handed over the same red pouch to the shopkeeper.

Anika looked at him with a questioning glare, she can just hope that he did not do any stupidity to get this CCTV footage and cash, otherwise it will raise a red flag for their mission.

Khanna again chuckled looking at their horrified faces and cleared their confusion "Aap log dariye matt, ye mere bhaayi ki dukaan hai. Maine Manmohan ko chup chaap follow kia tha aur jab wo mere bhayi ki dukaan pe gaya toh mujhe kuch nahi karna pada. Maine bas apni pyaari Bhabhi ko bola ki mujhe 2 lakh rupaye urgently chahiye aur phone lagate hi Bhayi ne wahi red pouch ghar bhijwa dia. Main uska CCTV bhi check karta rehta hu maintenance ke liye, bas aaj bhi wahi karne pahuch gaya tha"