Chapter 42

VAni were coming back from outhouse when Veeranshu pulled her behind a pillar

..

..

VAni reached Anika's room and she voiced out her concern "Wo back gate wali chabi hi thi na, lekin wo VPC ke pass kaise aayi?"

Veeranshu also frowned in confusion "Matlab bahar jo bhi ho raha hai usmein VPC ka haath ho sakta hai." She nodded in agreement "Haan lagta toh aisa hi hai, lekin wo keys kaise milengi humein?" Both thought for a while, it won't be easy to get those keys without raising suspicion.

Veeranshu left from Anika's room, she was about to close the door but he came back running and rushed inside her room. She was about to say something but Dadi and Gauri were also coming from the same direction from where Veeranshu came running inside her room.

Dadi smiled at the impossible sight "Anika puttar, tu itni jaldi kaise uth gayi?" Gauri looked at her suspiciously "Ap uth bhi gayi toh yahan darwaze pe kyu khadi ho itni subah subah?"

Anika glared at Gauri and looked towards Dadi while thinking about a convincing answer. She mumbled while yawning "Dadi main din mein zyada so gayi thi toh neend nahi aayi raat ko, lekin ap itni subah yahan kya kar rahi ho?"

Dadi shook her head, how can she think that Anika is now an early riser. She grinned widely "Puttar main toh Amrit vela mein uth hi jaati hu roz."

(Amrit Vela - time between 3 to 6 am, peak hours 4 am)

Anika looked at her with wide eyes and snapped at her dramatically "Kya...Kya....kya....???" Gauri chuckled at her reaction and gave her another shock "Main bhi..."

Anika frowned at the duo and looked at her bed with dreamy eyes "Arrey kabhi der takk so kar dekho, uska maza hi kuch aur hai."

Dadi chuckled and shook her head  "Puttar tu aur teri baatein, meri samajh ke to parey hi hai."

Anika side hugged Dadi and started moving away from her room but Dadi turned around worriedly "Puttar ye sab jaane de, hum logo ne kisi ko tere kamre ki taraf bhagte hue dekha tha?"

Anika shook her head immediately and Dadi also shook her head at the same time "Puttar ek baar dekh le."

Anika tried to take away Dadi from her room, Gauri found something fishy and she also tried it but Dadi stepped inside. Gauri and Dadi looked around but there was no one, they were about to go out but Gauri started coughing loudly.

Anika rushed inside to get a glass of water but she stumbled on something, rather someone and looked down. Veeranshu was lying on the ground beside her bed and muttering something. Gauri rushed towards Anika to save her from falling but she also stumbled on him.

Dadi looked at the duo "Tum dono ladkiyo ko hua kya hai, gir kyu rahi ho?"

Gauri suspiciously looked at Anika and then at Veeranshu, Anika pleaded with her eyes to save her and Gauri shook her head "Dadi kuch nahi, wo Jiji ka blanket neeche pada hua hai."

Dadi was about to move inside for help but Gauri walked towards her "Hum log chalte hai Jiji khud PYAAR se utha lengi APNE blanket ko." She sent a teasing look towards Anika and left from there with Dadi. Anika kicked on Veeranshu's leg "Poore room mein yehi jagah mili thi chupne ko?"

Veeranshu got up from the ground while dusting his clothes "Sweetheart main kya karta, iss ghar mein jab dekho koi na koi ghoom hi raha hota hai, sote kab hai ye log?"

Anika helped in dusting his jacket but he glared at her, is she trying to help or planning to break his back? She grinned mischievously and patted his back "Baat ye nahi hai, kahi aur chup jaate."