Chapter 30

Gauri revealed about VPC to Om as VAni insisted that she should immediately share it with him

..

..

Om was pacing around the terrace to calm down his anger "Gauri, tumne mujhe kuch bataya kyu nahi?"

Gauri told him how the situation was not favourable to take an action against him. Later his visits became more frequent and Shivaay's trust was another matter of concern.

Om tried to object, he can understand Shivaay's trust on that evil man but why was he kept in the dark.

Anika caressed his back to calm him down, he finally calmed down. Now he was thinking about ways to confront VPC but Anika's next request was not less than a shock "Om ab purani baat soch kar fayda nahi hai aur abhi tum VPC ko kuch nahi kahoge"

Om tried to object but Veeranshu also explained him "Just focus on Gauri's safety... Sweetheart and I will deal with that bastard. Don't say anything to him for few days"

Anika also assured him "Trust us Om, we will not let anything happen to Gauri or anyone else in OF."

Om chuckled after hearing their dialogues "Tum log toh aise baat kar rahe ho jaise Police force mein ho"

Veeranshu looked at Anika and she turned towards them "Om, I know you hate lies but it was important to hide this truth. Promise me you will not share it with anyone and believe me there was no other way."

Om frowned at her in confusion and Veeranshu patted her shoulder to give her a push to confess the truth.

Anika muttered nervously "umm...Om..Gauri...I'm...ummm" Veeranshu looked at all of them, they were wasting too much time. He shook his head in annoyance and blurted "Om and Gauri meet SP Anika and SP Anika they are Gauri & Om"

Anika gasped in shock, here she was trying to minimise the impact of revelation by taking it slow but Veeranshu has different ideas about it. Om and Gauri chuckled lightly but both of them noticed serious expressions of Anika and Veeranshu.

Gauri blinked in astonishment, maybe she has heard something wrong "By SP you mean to say..." and Om completed her sentence "Superintendant of Police?"

Veeranshu tapped on their arm to gain some attention "SP ke aur kitne meaning pata hai tum dono ko?"

OmRi looked at Anika, with mouths opened in perfect O shape. They have observed many changes in Anika's personality but this was the least expected reason for those changes.

Anika smiled while looking at their face and Veeranshu shook their arms to bring them back to reality. OmRi hugged her tightly to congratulate for her success and they settled on chairs.

Om asked her once again, it was so hard to believe "Anika, tum wakeyi IPS officer bann gayi ho?"

Anika smiled at him widely "Yes, someone special motivated me a lot to appear for Civil Services exam, it was his dream to make me an IPS officer." She was going to say but she was interrupted by a loud gasp "Sweetheart, who is that someone special? Don't tell me you have a boyfriend?"

Anika glared at him "Tum bolne mein hi vishwas rakhte ho na, dimag kaha bhool jaate ho?" He raised his hands in surrender and indicated her to continue.

Om was looking more confused now "Why are you here? If you are an officer then how is Veeranshu your business partner?"

Anika pointed towards the man in question "His full introduction is SP Veeranshu, we both are Police officers and partners on an important case."

Gauri also looked at her in confusion, there are too many questions on her mind "Jiji ap yahan aayi kyu ho aur apni job kyu chupa rahi ho?"

Anika sat beside her and squeezed her hand "Trust me, I will tell you about everything at the right time. I will need your help in future that's why I have discussed it with Commissioner Sir and revealed it to you. If Sir wouldn't have agreed I would have still shared it with you both, I cannot hide my profession from my sister and best friend."