Chapter 10

Anika brought a lawyer to Oberoi Mansion, Shivaay and Anika have signed marriage annulment papers. After signing the papers Anika was talking to her lawyer cum Ravi uncle and Shakti entered the mansion "Mr. Agarwal, good to meet you"

Mr Agarwal shook his head in amusement "Shakti, stop calling me Mr. Agarwal, my girl has also started calling me Uncle now and you're behaving so formally."

Shakti laughed lightly and patted Anika's head "Arre Ravi bhaisaab, aadat padd jayegi dheere dheere. Meri beti ki wajah se mujhe itne badhiya insaan se milne ka mauka mila hai, main apko kaise naraz kar sakta hu. Waise ap yaha kaise?"

Mr Agarwal looked at him seriously but he is not the one who should explain it "Wo apki beti hi bataye to behtar hai. Aur khushnaseebi toh meri hai ki mujhe Anika jaisi ladki se milne ka mauka mila. Wo nahi hoti toh meri wife park mein pade pade marr jati, usne kitna dhyan rakha meri Maya ka aur phir usse ghar bhi pahuchaya sahi se.... Thank you so much beta"

Anika wiped the lone tear that escaped his eyes, she can only wish for such a relationship in her life "Uncle... beta aur Thank you ek hi sentence mein ache nahi lagte. Kehna toh mujhe chahiye, Thank you for helping me during these four days, you solved a very big problem for me."

Mr Agarwal nodded his head and looked at Shakti "I will take your leave and the only thing I can say is that your family lost a gem today; I hope your son realises his mistake soon. And Anika beta no need to say Thank you, I'm always there to help you"

Shakti looked at his retreating figure in confusion and turned towards Anika "Kya hua beta, ye sab kyu hai yahan?" But she was a little scared of his reaction "Papa...woo.." 

Shakti patted her head and encouraged her to explain it, she took a deep breath and muttered "Ravi uncle yahan meri shaadi ke annulment ke liye aaye the".

Shakti was shocked but he composed himself, Shivaay who just came back from his room found a new hope. Maybe his dad will be able to pacify her and stop her from taking this step but he was in for another shock when Shakti said "That's good for you my daughter. You are a lotus from heaven but you were planted in this mud pit. You have already suffered a lot and sadly it is due to my own son, he never understood your value. What can I say like mother like son, both are idiots." and he chuckled sadly while looking at his wife and son.

Anika hugged him tightly, she was not expecting unconditional support from him "Thank you for supporting me Papa, I will miss you a lot." He caressed her head and whispered in her ear "I will not stop you from going but promise me that you will always remain in contact with me. You are my only daughter; I don't want to lose you because of my idiotic family."

Anika smiled and held him more tightly while mumbling "Papa you don't have to say it, how can a daughter live without talking to her dad. I will miss our evening tea and your gyaan ki baatein."

Everybody except Rudy was wondering when did these two get so close. They were hugging each other from a long time and talking in hushed tone with each other.

Nobody knows about their evening walks and long chats in nearby park also about their favourite tea stall outside it. Both went there during Vikram/Ragini fiasco and it continued without anyone's knowledge when Shivaay was missing. Then Shakti and Rudy started giving her driving lessons, that's how Rudy became their third buddy. But, let the family be in suspense, why should Father-Daughter secrets be revealed to others.

Anika looked at the old woman who was sitting there like a statue. Dadi turned away her face, tears were flowing down her eyes as she cannot imagine losing her grand daughter again. This girl came in their life out of nowhere and made a permanent place in their hearts but now she was wronged by her grandson and she cannot stop her from going. Anika tried to make her look in her eyes but she turned away again, finally Anika managed to cup her face "Dadi ap last baar mujhe mudke bhi nahi dekhoge?"