Chapter 36

VAni were heaving a heart to heart conversation about Anika's past

..

..

Veeranshu nodded in understanding after hearing Anika's story but he frowned in confusion "Okay I heard everything about your past but why did you say that you cannot be anyone's sweetheart. Iss sab mein tumhari kya galti hai?"

He noticed her expressions changing from worried to hurt but waited for her to speak her heart out. Maybe he will not get a chance to have this conversation with her again and he wants to know what she's hiding behind the mask of this strong lady.

Anika looked at him sadly "Samajh nahi aaya tumhe? I don't deserve anyone's love."

He shook his head in amusement and tapped her forehead "Aur ye vichar kaha se aaya tumhare chote se dimag mein?"

She looked away from his intimidating eyes, it is getting harder to look into them with each passing day and she mumbled "Whenever I love someone they are taken away from me. I don't remember much about my parents but sometimes I get flashes of a happy family, now they are not with me. After lots of torture in orpahange, I was adopted by Chaturvedi family where I got Sahil, but my new family also passed away leaving him alone with me. Then I found Shivaay, but we were never meant to be because there was no trust between us, a small storm and our relationship shattered every time."

Veeranshu hugged Anika and patted her back to give her support and she unknowingly leaned on his chest to calm down her nerves. He tightened his embrace around her petite figure "Tum chaho toh ro sakti ho."

Anika shook her head "Ummm...no..I..." and tried to control all the flooding emotions but finally let it all go, she broke down in his arms and wailed loudly. All the happenings of past years were flashing in front of her eyes, she wants to erase them from her memories but they keep coming back to haunt her.

He settled on a nearby bench and pulled her in a comforting side hug, she continued crying for a long time. He rubbed her arms and gave her a shoulder to pour out her pain. After sometime she stopped crying and looked at him. He wasn't showing any kind of sympathy towards her but looking at her with admiration and amusement.

Anika wiped her tears and looked at him with questioning eyes but he shook his head in disappointment "Sweetheart, maine ajtakk tumhare jaisi bewkoof ladki nahi dekhi."

She smiled at him, he was back to his normal self but he booped her nose "I know you are happy that I called you sweetheart but I also called you an idiot, uspe bhi focus karo thoda sa"

She hit him lightly on his shoulder and he smacked on the back of her head "Idiot nahi toh kya kahu, I thought you were a strong lady when I saw how you dealt with that man, who was following you but your real strength lies in whatever you told me just now. How can you think that you don't deserve love?"

She tried to say something "I..." but her throat choked and he shook his head "Ye I...I..karna band karo aur meri baat suno, arrey bhaad mein jaane do unn sabko jinko tumhari importance nahi pata, aise hi meri baahon mein raho I will keep telling you how important you are to me. Roz aisi lines din mein 10 baar bolunga, pinky promise."

Anika realised she was still in his arms and tried to back off, he chuckled at her sudden reaction "Sweetheart maine bol kya dia tum toh peeche hi hatne lagi. Acha mere saath ek deal kar lo."

She looked at him in confusion "Kaunsi deal?" He threw his head back and laughed loudly "Deal sunte hi ye bhool gayi ki tum meri baahon se door jana chahti thi?"

She pushed him lightly but he was still holding her protectively, she tried to push him again but he laughed again "Sweetheart, police wali ho, iss se toh zor ka dhakka maar hi sakti ho. Rahul ko pitaayi mein toh bada zor laga rahi thi, waise bhi I know you love to be in my arms."