Chapter 44

Anika was thinking about something when a worker informed her that Dadi has called her for some work.

Dadi patted the space beside her "Mujhe kuch zaruri baat karni hai." Anika smiled at her and she continued "Puttar, 2 din mein ek party hone wali hai Oberoi Gardens mein. Sab business partners, family friends aur pehchan wale aayenge."

She frowned at her, why this last minute arrangement for a party, it will only increase their trouble.

Dadi looked at her apologetically "Haan puttar, main bhool hi gayi thi. Sabko Maha Arti mein toh nahi bula sakte na isliye Maha Arti se 3 din pehle humesha ye party organise hoti hai."

Anika nodded in understanding "Thik hai Dadi, main sara plan tayar karti hu kal subah takk aur apko bata deti hu. Workers hai hi aur caterers bhi, ap tension matt lo sab ho jayega."

Anika was about to walk away but she stopped in her place after hearing some light sobs. She turned towards Dadi and the old woman was busy in wiping her nose like a kid. Anika held her hand and waited for her to calm down. Finally Dadi said between her sobs "Puttar, tere aane se aisa lagta hai jaan wapas aa gayi hai Oberoi Mansion mein, tu kyu gayi hum logo se door?"

Anika hugged Dadi and tears started flowing from her eyes too. In these five years she has missed Dadi, Om and Gauri too much but she never called them because things would have been awkward between them.

She snuggled in her lap "Dadi, maine apko bahut miss kia, par abhi ap please rona band karo."

Dadi twisted her ear "Puttar, itna miss kia hi tha toh mujhse baat kyu nahi ki?" She rubbed her ear while frowning at her "Wo Shiv.."

Dadi ignored her explanation and smacked her lightly "Mujhe ek baat bata jab teri Billu se sahi se baat bhi nahi hoti thi, tab tujhe iss ghar mein kaun laya tha?" She mumbled sheepishly  "Aap" and Dadi smacked her again "Toh tera mera rishta kya bas Billu ki wajah se hai?"

Anika shook her head and said no, tears were continuously flowing down her eyes. She is feeling silly to never talk to this lovely old woman from past 5 years because of Shivaay

Dadi chuckled and wiped her tears "Acha ab bacho ki tarah rona band kar aur wada kar ki ab mujhse humesha baat karti rahegi."

Anika held her hand and hugged her again "Dadi, baat hi nahi main apse milti bhi rahungi. Ap mere ghar chalna saath mein, dekhna apki Anika puttar ne 5 saal kaise nikaale hain aur apko pata hai maine Sahil ke pair ka bhi operation kara dia hai."

Dadi beamed in happiness after hearing about Sahil's surgery and looked at the pictures she was showing to her. Anika knows Dadi will be shocked to know about Jhanvi and Rudy but she cannot fool her more. Dadi has the right to know everything about her and she will soon tell her everything.

Dadi grinned at her mischievously "Puttar main tere saath tera ghar dekhne jaungi lekin mujhe le jayegi kahan?" Anika bit her tongue nervously when she said "Mujhe pata hai tu Kolkata mein nahi rehti."

Anika looked at her in shock, but Dadi smiled at her "Puttar Kolkata mein rehne ke baad log Bangaali seekhte hain, Telugu nahi". Anika bit her tongue again and remembered the times when she casually talked on phone in Telugu.

Anika mumbled sheepishly "Apko Telugu aati hai?" She shook her head while chuckling "Nahi puttar, mujhe nahi aati par Shankar se jab tu Telugu mein baat kar rahi thi toh main wahi thi, phir usne hi mujhe bataya tu Telugu bol rahi thi."

Anika smiled and told her that she stays in Hyderabad but she still feels that it is not safe to reveal her profession as it can be dangerous for them. She smiled at her widely "Dadi main promise karti hu, ab apse humesha milti rahungi. Lekin abhi main jaati hu party ki tayari ke liye warna sara kaam reh jayega."