Chapter 66

Veeranshu noticed that Anika's wound was still bleeding so he quickly rushed towards his car and came back with a first aid kit. He indicated her to do something about her kurti, she tried to roll down the shoulder but it was tight. She sighed and looked at Veeranshu, a new dressing of the wound was important to get through next day and cutting the kurti was not an option.

Anika averted from his intriguing gaze and mumbled "Look away", he looked at her in confusion but she muttered again "Look away, idhar bilkul matt dekhna". He was not sure what she was trying to do "Lekin kyu, bina dekhe bandage kaise hogi", only to get pushed by her and followed by an order to keep his eyes closed.

She cleared her throat after few minutes "Ahmmmm...you can look now". Veeranshu turned and his breath hitched at the sight in front of his eyes. But he composed himself immediately, she has trusted him and he should not make her feel uncomfortable under his gaze.

He looked at her again, she was lying on the mat, her torso was unclothed and kurti was placed just to cover up her essential parts. His gaze travelled to her bare shoulders and waist, but he reprimanded his wandering thoughts to focus on her wound and first aid box in his hands.

Veeranshu settled beside her, he wanted to turn her around, he was about to touch her but soon pulled his hand back "Sweetheart, aise seedhe letogi to nahi ho payega, aisa karo side pe hoke let jao, shoulder upar aa jayega"

Anika was already nervous, lying down on her side meant that she will have to expose her back to him and the thought itself was enough to make her breath uneven. She somehow controlled her nervousness "Ummm..Par main kaise??"

Veeranshu can understand why she was hesitating but he muttered slowly "Sweetheart, do you trust me?"

She did not say anything but slowly turned on her side to face away from him. His mind yelled wrong move, wrong move because as soon as he saw her bare back, he lost few of his senses. His hands itched to touch her but he knows this is not the time. He averted his gaze from her hook which he wants to unclasp urgently and took some deep breaths. He looked at her again and the only word that escaped her lips was "kill me" but he controlled and started cutting the old bandage tied on her wound.

Anika shivered whenever his hand touched her bare shoulder, she closed her eyes, trying hard to control her uneven breathing. She has never been in front of a man in such condition and this man is supposed to be the person who is winning her heart with his every gesture.

Veeranshu freaked out when he looked at the wound, it was starting to open up again. She forgot everything and immediately turned to look at him. Anika rubbed her palm on his cheeks to calm him down, he calmed down for few minutes but again started taking long uneven breaths.

Anika rubbed his chest worriedly "Veeranshu, what's happening? Why are you panicking, everything is fine, do you need a doctor?"

Veeranshu looked at her with wide eyes, damn how is he supposed to keep his hands to himself after looking at her but he mumbled "Umm..Sweetheart." He indicated towards something and averted his gaze.

Anika looked down, then she looked up but her eyes went wide in realisation, now it was her turn to freak out. Kurti that was covering her upper body was lying on the ground and she was sitting scantily clothed in front of him, she immediately covered herself and looked down shyly.

Veeranshu looked at her flustered face and fixed a lose strand of her hair "Sweetheart..don't worry ye sab toh common hai"

Anika smacked his hand and frowned at him "Common hai, ka kya matlab? How many women have you seen like this?"

Veeranshu chuckled nervously while looking at her frown, he was just trying to make her comfortable but she is going on a totally different tangent

Anika glared at him, why the hell is he making such weird faces and what's going on in his mind "Will you say something ya tumhari shakal dekh ke khud hi samajhna hai?"