Chapter 45

Murmurs were going around in the party about Anika but the Lady in question was busy in giving final touches to Veeranshu's hair.

Shivaay walked inside the party venue and all eyes went towards him, then everybody followed his gaze and noticed that he was gawking at Anika but she was too busy in her own world.

Shivaay walked towards VAni and he took in Anika's full appearance, after that he couldn't avert his eyes from her for a second.

Tej looked around and pinched Shivaay's hand "What are you doing? People are talking, stop looking at your ex wife when she is busy with someone else."

Shivaay ignored his advice but Tej pulled him away from VAni and made him meet some business partners. His eyes were still stuck on Anika, fury inside him was building again because now Anika was possessively holding Veeranshu's hand and checking something

Anika looked at his hand and frowned in confusion "Veeranshu, ek cufflink ulta lagaya hai tumne, Ye V hai tumhare naam ka initial." He pulled his hand back and caressed it lovingly "Sweetheart, jaise maine pehna hai bilkul sahi hai, tumhe kuch nhi pata."

Anika tried to fix it but he ignored her again "Sweetheart, Ye V nahi hai, dhyan se dekho kya hai?"

Rudy joined them and offered Anika a glass of soft drink, she took it and said "Ru..Veeranshu ko dekho, ye keh raha hai ki cufflink mein jo initial hai wo V nahi hai"

Rudra looked at it and casually said "Bhayi Sahi toh bol rahe, ye V nahi lag raha, aadha A lag raha hai"

Veeranshu grinned at him widely "Kya paarkhi nazar paayi hai saale sah..I mean Rudra." SMRT buoy immediately smirked at the duo and noticed Anika's confused expression "Didi Maa aap tension matt lo, ek din ye A poora bhi kar lenge Veeranshu Jij..oops I mean Bhayi."

Veeranshu pulled him in a tight hug and patted his back "Kya baat boli hai, dil khush kar dia apne Bhayi ka..."

Anika stared at both of them, she was standing clueless as to why both were hugging each other like long lost buddies. Rudy winked at Veeranshu and said to Anika "Beautiful would you like to have a dance with me". She smiled and walked away with Rudy, Veeranshu walked towards Gauri and asked her for a dance, she happily stepped away with him and Om asked Saumya.

..

..

Dancing area

Rudy frowned at all of them "Rakshabandhan hai kya aaj?" Om rolled his eyes, five years have passed but his conversations are still the same "Duffer, tujhe aisa kyu lagta hai?"

Rudy looked at the couples around him "Toh phir hum log brother sister duo mein kyu dance kar rahe?"  He proposed to change the partners, before anyone can object he was already busy in twirling away Anika's hand and she landed in Veeranshu's arms.

Veeranshu finally understood the meaning of Rudy's wink and thanked him from the depth of his heart. He fixed a wild strand of hair behind her ear and looked in her eyes. She bent down her head shyly, she was not able to understand the look he was giving her.

Veeranshu frowned a bit, should he do it or not but then he followed his heart and placed one hand on her waist to pull her close. Anika closed her eyes for a moment, this feeling is familiar yet new, she wants to run away from his hold but she also wants him to pull her in his arms, why everything gets so confusing when he is involved?

Veeranshu twirled her around, after coming back she placed her hand on his shoulder for support and looked in his eyes. He hummed along the song playing in background "Ho chandni jab takk raat, deta hai har koi saath, tum magar andhero mein na chodhna mera saath."