Chapter 20

Precap - Everyone agreed for Anika's mission and destination is Oberoi mansion

..

..

Next week at Oberoi Mansion

Everyone was assembled for breakfast and Shakti cleared his throat to gain their attention "I have called a press conference for some important announcement, please be there at 10 am."

Tej shook his head in disbelief, nowadays he is always so secretive "What happened Shakti? When last time you called a surprise press conference, you announced that you are giving up your position in Oberoi Industries. But I have never seen you free after that, what work are you doing these days?"

Shakti facepalmed mentally, that surprise press conference for resignation was Rudra's idea and he should have never listened to that boy. Later Rudra confessed that he was just trying to have some fun and now everyone keeps pointing him out for that blunder.

Shakti shook his head "Bhaisaab, that's not important, please assemble for press conference at 10 am, now I have to attend an important phone call." Shakti immediately ran away from there and Dadi shook her head in disappointment "Shakti ka pata hi nahi chalta, na jaane kya karta rehta hai."

Shivaay was also looking at the drama without saying anything "Don't worry Dadi, I will talk to him. We don't want more surprises like last time." Pinky also shook her head in annoyance "Please do that beta. Tumhare Papa meri baat listens hi nahi karte bilkul bhi"

Gauri bit her tongue and muttered to Om "Inki aur log bhi kahan sunte hai?" Om palmed his mouth to muffle his laughter and glared at her "Shh...sunn lia toh abhi ek drama start ho jayega" but both of them looked at each other and started giggling like kids.

Everyone looked at them with amused eyes and Pinky glared at the duo "Why are you both laughings?" OmRi shruggged their shoulders and muttered "Nothing importants" and both ran away from there to save their precious life. Everyone looked at their retreating figure and muffled their laughter or they will be the next name on Pinky's hitlist.

Pinky twisted her mouth and turned towards her MIL "Dekh lijiye Mummi ji, ye pakka mera hi mazaak udda rahe the." Dadi bit her lip to control her laughter and muttered with a poker face "Haan ye baat to pakki hai". Pinky glared at her but Dadi waved her hand dismissively "Khair ab tum press conference pe dhyan do, jao Shakti ko pareshan karo."

Pinky glared at her mother in law and left while muttering "Mujhe to koi importants samajhta hi nahi hai iss ghar mein. Main koi apne pati ko pareshan karti rehti hu kya" and finally everyone erupted into a loud laughter, the so called pati would have died on spot if he got to know about her statement.

..

..

At 10:00 am

Oberoi Family gathered in the main hall for press conference organised by Shakti. They have tried a lot to get some answers from him in past two hours but he escaped every time. Shakti smiled and walked towards the podium "Thank you for coming everyone."

Media was as confused as the Oberois, generally they get some idea about the announcement to prepare related questions but their bosses just informed them to reach at the venue by 10 am, one of the reporters asked him "Sir any good news from the family?"

Shakti nodded his head happily and Media started their guessing game "Finally Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi has agreed to marry again?" Shakti shook his head to say no and the supposed groom choked on his breath after hearing their question. Om gave him some water while patting his back.

Media's attention shifted towards Om and they smiled widely about the next possible news "Mrs Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi is expecting?"

Now it was Gauri's turn to cough and Om gave her a bottle of water. Shakti finally raised his palm "Will you let me speak now, otherwise my whole family will keep coughing and Omkara will keep serving water to them."