Chapter 37

Breakfast time

..

..

Anika came late and everybody was already seated for breakfast. Shivaay was expecting that she will take the vacant seat beside him as others were already occupied.

Anika scowled at Mayuri, she was sitting beside Veeranshu and trying to lean on him. She muttered incoherent curses and tapped on his shoulder "If you don't mind we will have our breakfast after some time, mere saath aao, mujhe kuch baat karni hai."

Veeranshu mumbled "Of course swee..." but she glared at him, he cannot call her sweetheart in presence of whole family. He understood and indicated to seal his lips.

Mayuri eyed Veeranshu and turned towards Anika "Let him have his breakfast, he was enjoying his food but some people cannot understand it."

Anika rolled her eyes "Yeah, I can see that, anyways I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to MY Business partner." Shivaay looked at her worriedly, is it only him or everyone heard her possesive tone in that sentence.

Mayuri smirked at her "Jealousy?" Anika glared in return  "Protectiveness!" Mayuri smirked again "Feeling angry?" Anika indicated Veeranshu to get up and turned towards Mayuri "Someone's face is so irritating, I'm bound to get angry.'

Everybody was moving their heads from Anika to Mayuri, nobody was able to understand the context of their conversation except Veeranshu. He was looking at his Sweetheart with hearts forming in his eyes. She understood his discomfort in a second and immediately made a plan to rescue him. He can handle this Langoori in one second but it will only attract unnecessary attention and compromise their mission.

Veeranshu finally put a stop to their conversation or a cat fight was surely going to start "Ms. Malhotra, I think we know how to handle our business. If Anika is saying that it's something important then I cannot deny her wish."

Mayuri twisted her mouth and looked at him when he rushed towards Anika like he was getting poked by needles while sitting beside her. VAni moved towards the couch and Anika took out some papers to show him, whole family looked at them but continued their breakfast.

Rudra took two plates and served some breakfast before going towards them. Anika turned away from him "Rudy, go and have your breakfast" but he shook his head "Pehle ap ye plate lo aur main apke hi saath khaunga."

Anika ignored him again "Zidd matt karo Ru, hum log kha lenge baad mein" but he stuffed a morsel in her mouth without giving her any more opportunities to object.

Veeranshu laughed loudly at her and high fived with Rudra "Ye best tareeka hai Sweetheart ko khana khilaane ka. Kal bhi nahi kha rahi thi, phir mujhe bhi aise hi khilana pada tha."

Anika coughed lightly and glared at him, he bit his tongue and looked away to avoid her angry eyes. Rudra wiggled his eyebrows and looked at them teasingly "Ooohhh, dinner date?"

Anika glared at him but she looked away from teasing gaze of both men sitting beside her.

Rudy nudged her shoulder and smirked evilly "It was indeed a day spent well, mwahh" and he pretended to kiss on Veeranshu's cheek followed by a hug.

Anika snapped towards Rudy and she could only mutter "Phail gaya raita", it means he has seen their little moment from yesterday night. She looked at Veeranshu but he was sitting with confused expressions. Anika pinched him discreetly and muttered "Ab sitti pitti gul ho gayi, bolo kuch."

Rudy patted Veeranshu's back, now he was looking more confused "Koi nahi Bhayi, jiss speed se ap dono ja rahe ho, ap jaldi hi Didi maa ki dictionary seekh jaoge."