Chapter 33

Next morning after Veeranshu's arrival....

Dadi was smiling at everyone, there were so many happy faces at the dining table after so many days. She turned towards Anika "Puttar, tera business partner kahan hain? Breakfast ke liye nahi bulaya usse?"

Anika was about to point towards his direction but he bent down in Dadi's feet for her blessings "Dadi, aapne bulaya aur hum chale aaye."

Dadi smiled at the lively young man, one more happy face added to the mix "Jeete raho puttar, aao nashta karo humare saath."

He looked for a vacant place, there was one seat beside Shivaay and one beside Anika.

Shivaay looked at him, before he can go towards Anika, Shivaay moved the chair beside him "Please have a seat."

Veeranshu was about to sit there but Anika started coughing. He rushed towards her and gave her a glass of water while patting her back. He grinned at her mischievously "Sweetheart Kya baat hai, mere bina ek minute bhi nahi reh paayi?"

Anika glared at him and muttered "Chup chaap baitho aur breakfast karo, galti se mirchi kha li thi." He shook his head comically "Tch..tch..bahot purana bahana hai, kuch naya leke aao."

VAni were busy in whispering in each other's ears and the whole family was looking like they have grown horns. Shivaay was fuming in anger, he was about to say something but they heard an annoying voice "Shivuuu"

Gauri rolled her eyes "Lo aa gayi Bade bhaiya ki doosri chamchi." Om and Dadi chuckled while Hyderabad gang looked at her in confusion.

Shivaay smiled at her widely "Come Mayuri, have some breakfast with us" and Gauri muttered while twisting her mouth "Langoori..I mean Mayuri, baitho aur breakfast karo"

Mayuri looked around the table and gazed Veeranshu from head to toe. He shifted uncomfortably on his seat, Anika noticed it and she squeezed his hand under the table while whispering "Don't worry, I will keep you safe from this Langoori."

Veeranshu smiled at her and found more interest in dishes in front of him. He felt something off with Mayuri's gaze, she wasn't making him uncomfortable but it was kind of weird. How come people around Shivaay have such impact on others and he is not aware about it. He is a successful businessman and logic says that he should be a good judge of character.

Mayuri glanced around the table and scrunched her nose "OMG, isn't that your event organiser, why is she sitting with the family?"

Om rolled his eyes and mimicked her annoying voice "OMG, aren't you Shivaay's PA, why are you sitting with the family?"

Gauri glared at her, she is the uninvited one on this table "Langoori tum nahi thi kuch dino se, toh breakfast ke time pe hum logo ka mood bahut acha rehta tha." She rolled her eyes "It's Mayuri" but Rudy chuckled at her "I don't know you but that name Langoori seems perfect for you."

Mayuri checked him out from top to toe while twirling a strand of her hair "And you must be the much discussed Rudra Singh Oberoi?"

Saumya glared at her and held Rudra's arm possessively "My fiancé, Rudra Singh Oberoi."

Mayuri was about to say something but Shivaay interrupted their banter "Guys, please calm down. Mayuri join us for breakfast then we will leave for office."

Anika was observing Mayuri without participating in the conversation and she muttered "Veeranshu, there's something weird about this girl." He nodded in agreement "Yeah I feel the same, she's definitely hiding something."

She mumbled to him "We should keep an eye on her" and he placed a Paratha in her plate while saying "Hmm...you keep an eye on her, I will take care of VPC. Now have some breakfast, baaki baatein baad mein."