Chapter 48

Anika shared her insecurities with Veeranshu, he assured her that whatever happens between them but it will never impact their friendship.

..

..

Veeranshu finally asked the much needed question and Anika could only frown in confusion "Main bahut darti hu inn saari feelings se. Mujhe samajh nahi aa raha kya karu. Tumhe toh bina bataye meri problem pata chal jati hai na, now help me."

If possible, his heart melted more for the bundle of cuteness wrapped in his arms. At this point he knew, he will never let this girl suffer after this day. She may reject him but he will always be by her side, they're Vinshu and Nikku for a reason, a small rejection cannot break their bond.

Veeranshu smiled at her, it's time to deal with her insecurities "Sweetheart, main hu na, kabhi tumhe darne nahi doonga. Acha ye batao, agar main tumse humesha ke liye door chala gaya toh tum kya karogi?"

She was about to smack his face for speaking ill about himself but he held her hand and entwined their fingers while saying "Mera mooh nochne ke alawa?"

She leaned on his arm and closed her eyes to imagine the scenario but she opened her eyes with a jerk when realization dawned upon her. She cannot even imagine a single day of her life without his presence now, but why and when did he become so important in her life?

He traced her frown lines with his thumb and mumbled "Itna matt socho, jo mann mein hai bol do, mujhe bura nahi lagega."

She came back from her thoughts and hugged him "Veeranshu, before anything else you are my best friend, I always missed your presence around me but never said it to anyone because I was also not sure about what I was missing. I don't want anything else to come between our friendship but I can't do anything, I have lost trust in relationships."

He shook his head in disappointment and they're back to square one, he tried another way "Tch...Sweetheart, Acha ek baat batao, do you like me?"

She looked at him nervously but he knocked on her forehead "Aise mooh matt banao, maine bass ye poocha hai do you like me. Doosra question poochne mein abhi time hai."

Anika hid her face in his chest, he can easily understand her misunderstandings also, how is she supposed to not fall for this man.

Veeranshu chuckled at her "Nikku, I know you want to be here in my arms, par answer bata do, phir meri baahein sirf tumhari and stop whatever you are doing now. Aise paraye mard ko pagal banana thik nahi hai Sweetheart."

She sighed heavily, it is not possible to avoid his questions now, his words could be playful but his eyes are innocently looking for many answers and being her best friend, he deserves to know it.

Shr sucked in a deep breath, it's time to share everything with him "I know other questions have time but I started liking you before I came to know that you are my childhood best friend."

He looked at her in surpsrise, she was not shying away from sharing her feelings from him, somewhere he was happy that she was still comfortable and things are not so bad. He looked at her when she continued "When I first met you I thought you are an arrogant, self absorbed jerk who is a big flirt"

He raised his eyebrows when she muttered "Flirt toh abhi bhi bahut bade ho but I like that you only flirt with me".

She ignored his teasing gaze and continued "When we were talking to Gauri about VPC, I rolled my eyes assuming that I'm in for hearing how she was the wrong one. But you shattered your first impression in a jiffy when you stood up for the right thing and scolded Gauri for her mistake. Then there was no turning back, you surprised me when you unconditionally supported me without knowing my past. I like how protective you are about me and despite your protectiveness you cleared the path for me to handle my issues because you give importance to my independence. I like how you trust me and help me in handling my feelings without imposing your thinking on me."