✗ intro ✗

⚊ synopsis

Park Minji just wanted to get through the school year with a flying high scores in every exams. However that's kind of hard to do when her new sworn enemy had been assigned for her to tutor.

The same boy named Nishimura Riki who accidentally kicked the soccer ball at her unsuspecting face at one practice game on her way to the library.

From the moment she got a nosebleed from his kick, she seemed to take an immediate dislike on his existence.

After all, it only took one look from his mocking smirk for her to throw a punch in return and they were banned since then from the nurse's office.

But what happens when a sparks fly between those tutoring sessions? Who would be the first one to break and admit feelings?

One thing's for sure, Minji swore to herself to never ever succumb to the charms of Ni-ki. Can she resist the annoying boy?

⚊ short peak

"I wasn't what she wanted", he mumbled finally. I didn't miss the bitter and sadness in his voice.

"What about her? What happened?", I asked gently, trying not to tell him I already know who he was talking about.

With him hugging the sister of Kim Sunoo and the current girlfriend of the soccer team's captain, Lee Heeseung from last year in one of their games, the whole school had basically spread the gossip of him liking the girl.

They were friends. Still up to this day.

No one can blame him for it was the same for my bestfriend once. He always had the biggest crush on Sunhee but never made a move and it wasn't easy too with her brother and her friends practically safe guarding her every hours.

And now one of her admirer is here, opening his heart up to me.

There wasn't an answer. I could only hear the sniffing and as I look closer at him, I see Ni-ki staring up the sky with a few tears sliding down his smooth cheek.

"I was always there for her, but I guess life is just like that. You can't have what you want no matter how long you wait for it"

"Ni-ki, it's okay. You can move on from her eventually", I reassured, sounding awkward. I wasn't good with this kind of sappy stuff.

A bitter laugh burst from his mouth, making me a little uncomfortable. I didn't know what to do, I was terrible at managing people.

I could hear Ni-ki sniffling longer and I wished I could replaced her in his heart, but I can't.

I am not Kim Sunhee after all.

⚊ main characters

Nishimura Riki "This stupid boy has always been there for Shorty

Nishimura Riki "This stupid boy has always been there for Shorty. And Shorty? She chose the older boy"

Park Minji "Do you ever get pre-annoyed? Like you know someone is about to piss you off"

⚊ book cover

author's note : this is basically the 3rd book in what I planned to be a highschool series for enha!

the whole concept is humor - enemies to lovers - and certainly with a mix of angst.

forgive me, but sunhee from that feeling when will still be quite of a big character here since we know how ni-ki is hopelessly inlove with her for three years.

read that book if you don't get it.

so yes, let's the start book and enjoy the fantasy!