✗ six ✗

⚊ chapter six

I entered the cafe my friends and I frequently went to in every school week. The scent of coffee grounds and cinnamon greeted me like an old acquaintance to my nose.

It was much quieter here than the campus. Students filled the tables the most, but all of them are here to rest from the long day of school or to do their homework.

I asked Rei to give me a second as I approached the counter. Our boys aren't here, both busy in their own school clubs after the classes.

After my order of cappucino, I perched back on a couch in front of Rei in our table.

"You really can't remember anything that night?", She resumed our topic about the night Ni-ki brought me to my house with my cousin.

"Nope. I'm so pissed off at myself after hearing him I cried in my sleep"

"Blacking out had always been your weakness. But is it really a bad thing if he heard you saying something?", Rei's maternal instinct kicked in, "Are you scared for him to know?"

My lips tugged into a bitter smile at the question, "Anything but hearing me cry for my family is like him knowing a big part of me"

"What if he got closer to you that way? I heard he's not that bad", she insisted.

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Instead, Ni-ki's face filled my mind. Those intimidating eyes of his, soft hair that I can't forget that one time he styled up to be slightly wavy and those smirks that infuriated me.

Of course he's cute, but I wanted nothing to do with him and the soccer team.

However, I must've been quiet for too long because Rei took my silence as a yes and squealed into her phone.

"No, no, no!", I interrupted, "The only good thing with him is his looks"

"I can't agree with that"

"But him being cute? Nope", I lied then checked the time, "Hey, I have to go get to the bathroom. Wait for me here"

"I didn't even say Ni-ki is cute. You bring it up yourself", is all she said that I pretended not to hear.

My feet slapped against the tiled floor as I walked towards the restroom. There were heaps of students now swarming from the entrance of the shop and of course, I have to frowm to see the soccer team have to join the numbers here.

Why the hell are they everywhere?

While I wished I could be longer in the cubicle, I clean up quickly and return to my table, happy to see Chenle is there with Rei and I know Dongpyo wouldn't be able to come as always.

He's busy with the newspaper club again, what can we do?

As I plopped next to Chenle, his eyes lit up at Rei, "You're never going to believe what happened in all of our classes", he said.

"Hit me with what you've got", Rei sounds too delightful to listen.

"We have Nishimura Riki in all of our classes and he will be near to our bitter fool here for the rest of the year"

Rei's jaw nearly smacked the floor, "Holy shit, Minji!"

"I know. My school year is about to get worse", I grumbled under my breath.

"Why do you always say the opposite of what you're really feeling?", she questioned me and I raise my brows up.

I narrowed my eyes deviously, "Can you please repeat that again?"

"She means to say you have a crush on Ni-ki and you're just in denial here", Chenle stated with an absolute tone.

Rei lights up even more, "If you didn't have a crush on him, why did you spend the rest of your time complaining about him since New Year?"