✗ forty five ✗

⚊ chapter forty five

I almost made a grown man cry today in our visit at our favorite coffee shop. It's a Monday morning where for once, luck hits my face after receiving the news of the suspension for the whole school since they found the lab on fire at 5 am.

But the real bad luck is for the barista who had the nerve to flirt with me and say, "That's now how usually girls treated me", after his broken pick up line didn't work.

So I just blinked and said, "I'll try to look more disappointed then next time", and then I walked away.

"You roasted another guy today this month", Chenle pointed out as I sat across to him.

Two of our friends aren't here. They were usually late for classes, so they were still at home when the suspension news was broadcasted through the school's page and so it left the two of us deciding to not go home for a while.

"Isn't it quite weird though? He's like in his late 20's to even be hitting on me", I curled my mouth into a grimace. Why do older guys sometimes went after me?

"I guess because you looked older than your actual age", Chenle suggested before sipping into his drink.

I laughed bitterly at his comment when suddenly his back straightened and I followed his gaze to where the familiar trio I had been used to seeing now walking through the entrance, my stomach dropping as I had gone down the steepest rollercoaster of feelings.

My attention focused directly on Nishimura.

"Haven't seen you in a while, Chenle", Jungwon grinned, his eyes honing on my friend. The instinctive part of me wanted to tell him to leave, I hadn't been spending much time with Chenle but I would not like to sound rude.

Though I knew to myself, I sounded rude most of the time.

"Could say the same for you", Chenle cooed before eyeing Ni-ki, "because one of you had been stealing our friend all the time"

"We could say the same for Minji. Heck, we have to physically get Ni-ki from her before she let us have him the other day", Sunoo chimed in.

Chenle convered as though he had spoken to them a lot of times. It was enough permission for them to sit with us and of course, it brings Ni-ki ending up next to me. In fact they were all in front of us and we were the only ones in this spot.

Even them was getting used to us, all they have to ask is label.

"You guys should join us for my birthday next week", Chenle said and the three friends broke their necks looking at him in shock, "What? It's not like you're other peoole now for me"

Sunoo asked, "Where will you celebrate?"

"In a pool party up to my house, but it'll only be a few friends of mine and of course, your group", Chenle explained happily.

"Would it entail midnight swim then I'm game!", Jungwon looks elated with his dimples on the show.

"If we're going to stay the night over, can I have Grumps share the guest room with me?", Ni-ki suggested and I swallowed at the look of smirk in his face.

Jungwon looked at lost for words and Sunoo's expression was confused beyond belief. I was going to be berated by Chenle with questions after this.

I'm really not the type to share about the privacy moments I had with Ni-ki, so I could understand why they're dying to hear from the two of us.

"I can always go home or share with Rei if it was going to take a whole night", I muttered under my breath.

"Oh come on, I know you wanted to sleep beside me as well", Ni-ki teasedd. His voice made my skin buzz.