✗ five ✗

⚊ chapter five

In the following discussion about what to expect in this class, I listened in, ridden with nerves. Not only was I embarassed to remember what my cousin said about puking on Ni-ki, but he also had sat himself behind me.

I would rather fall down out of the window than face him.

The hushed conversations of the students buzzed through the room like bees. If word hadn't got around about what I did in that party, it will now.

It was controversy especially if one connected to the story is right behind me.

One girl in my class that I was friendly with faced me, "Is it true that you've been kissed by Yang Jungwon?"

See? This school couldn't live without any drama that had happened one and a half month ago.

In the time of summer classes.

I shrugged, "Oh yes"

"Oh, you're so lucky", another girl next to her said, "Do you know we happen to have a crush on him?"

"No, thank goodness", I laughed awkwardly, feeling a burning gaze on my back, "It was just for a punishment, you see"

I motioned for them to look at the teacher and made a sour face when they didn't. My face was stuck in a bitter expression when Chenle is doing nothing but chuckle to himself.

"Since it's the first day of school, I'm just going to go on about the list of what to expect about my lessons", the female teacher announced in the class, "Plus, it makes my job easier"

I'm thankful for her because the two girls leave me be and I sighed in relief as they focus on the discussion starting in the front, but it doesn't mean the devil's eyes on my back had stopped.

If anything, I felt his gaze on the back of my neck harder, it was literally burning now.

Finally, the female teacher who was rather looking too fresh and young told us she will dismissed us early, and I'm more than happy to welcome it with open arms.

"Any questions you felt the need to ask?", she asked with a smile.

"Are you going to be like one of those teachers who sounded so nice in the first day?", a voice shouted out from behind me, which I recognized belong to none other than Ni-ki, "because if you'll be strict the next day then you're an as -"

He stopped himself when every single one of us turned to him before saying with an innocent voice, "I mean an angel. You're a total angel, Ma'am"

"No, I wasn't like that, Mr. Nishimura except that since you asked...", the teacher pointed her index finger around the room until it landed on Ni-ki, "ah! I'll give you an assignment and if you don't pass it tommorow, you get detention"

"What?", he was suddenly looking around us, face red, "What about them?"

"They didn't asked, so Congrats on impressing me in the first day, Mr. Nishimura"

I put my hand over my mouth, trying to prevent my laughter. She was already my favorite teacher for putting him in his place and I hadn't even got to the rest of my classes yet.

I didn't even care if she was being petty and childish for putting him on that spot. I was just happy to see the priceless reaction of Ni-ki at his predicament.

The bell suddenly rang and everyone scurried out of the classroom, not wanting to be next to get an early homework. Once I was out of the classroom with Chenle, I bursted out laughing against him.

I slapped my chest hysterically and soon had trouble breathing after hearing Ni-ki was still in the classroom, trying to talk the teacher out about his problem.