✗ twenty three ✗

⚊ chapter twenty three

Friday came faster than I expected, but I wasn't complaining, not when I was more than happy to welcome weekend with open arms.

The good news is that I had made a great progress on my classes and I also successfully avoided Nishimura Riki all week. Not after that kiss would I ever have the guts to face him.

What was I supposed to say to him? Great job, you managed to stay in my mind even more, I can't even sleep for a few days because of that shit you pulled on me.

I'd discovered if I acted on a Barry Allen move, like the Flash from DCU then I would be able to escape him from every classes we shared together.

It worked so far. I'm that good of a runner.

It took a lot of effort to dodge him today, but with the power of desparation comes the great responsibility of being one step away from and now I was trying to catch some sleep in the library at lunch time.

For the reason, last night was full of Nishimura Riki calling in my phone and even in my dream, he's there.

What the hell? What kind of danger I was now bound to?

If this is hell, please wake me up!

I have my face pressed to the surface of the table, hiding behind the cover of my bag and a wall of books around me. I'm closing my eyes when someone tapped me in the shoulder.

I turned to find the 'this is bad after he kissed my lips' monkey standing behind me.

"You've been avoiding me", Ni-ki stared down, deadpan.

"Take a smart guess -", I wasn't able to complete my sentence, but a mousey squeak came out of my mouth after seeing what he wore.

He's out of his uniform. He wore his soccer jersey. The number ten plastered on the front and back. It hugged him in all the right places and I can feel the last of my wits leaving me there.

God, why do you even have to let me be like this for him?

"Aren't you supposed to be in a practice out there?", I asked.

He yanked a chair before removing the walls of books and set it aside on the table then sat beside me. I refrained from looking at his face, instead I stared to the couple  smooching on each other a few table from ours.

"It won't start until one. Anyways, why aren't you answering my calls?", he said.

"I don't know. I don't know why you even want to know"

"I hear Sunghoon he saw you coming here", he told me. The hair on my arms stood and I must've made a face because he added, "I didn't know you were going out of your way to avoid me?"

One the outside, I was an emotionless bitch, but inside, I was a bitch blazing in confusion.

"I didn't even know why it should be your concern"

Nishimura stayed silent, which ultimately caused me to peek over to find his gaze fixated on me and his hands were gripping on the table, the veins in his hands emerged.

I tried looking away, but it took me a minute to collect my thoughts. Those fucking eyes, his intoxicating smile and the way he looks like that little dumpling from Disney Pixar short film named Bao whenever he is smiling... What am I suddenly thinking here?

You know what you need, Minji?

You need help like the meme clip they used to every crack video there is in Youtube.

A tension I hadn't noticed before sizzled between us and I fought the feeling by turning around and picking up my bag to leave.

He caught my elbow easily and pulled me back around to face him, my back now to the rest of the library.