✗ bonus chapter ✗

⚊ bonus chapter

Summer break was approaching.

It was the main reason why we were all here now - Rei, Dongpyo, Chenle and I, hiking through the nearest national park from our town on a warm weekend evening.

Come next school year, we would finally be highschool seniors. I still almost couldn't believe that we were already finishing this year as juniors.

It felt like it was just yesterday when Ni-ki pulled me down at Sunhee's pool in a New Year's night.

At Chenle and Rei's insistence that we had to do something before we all go away for vacation - namely, to hike through a forest as a last adventure of sorts - before we returned at school.

Dongpyo finally agreed after thirty minutes of raving dangers about the woods.

"The last time Rei suggested something, I found myself waking up in someone else's bed", he had protested earlier this morning.

We were sitting that time at a picnic table for breakfast, crowded with fellow visitors, where some of them happens to be our schoolmates. Surrounding chatter filled my ears even as I tried paying attention to what my friends were saying.

It was the last weekend before we part ways. Rei is flying for Japan, Chenle for China and Dongpyo is going over to his grandparents' place at Jeju.

Somehow, my favorite stress for a boyfriend managed to crawl out of his tent to join us then.

He and his friends were also out here for a hike.

I suspected it was probably because of the adoption event at lunch sponsored by the pet store Sunghoon was a loyal customer of, that they were there. To watch my cousin volunteer, in the hopes of bein noticed by his crush who works for that shop.

Poor girl had no idea it'll be a long day for her.

When Ni-ki approached us in our table after playfully shoving Jungwon into a girl holding a white cat, he sit himself right beside me and rested his head on my shoulder, proceeding to doze off.

"It's not my fault!", Rei was exclaiming, "I mean, I didn't think you'd get wasted and enter a stranger's house in the process. We'd been searching for you all night!"

I scowled at her, "You and Chenle left me in Sunhee's house after you saw me fighting with this monkey then!"

I had a sneaking suspicion that Ni-ki was smiling at my indignation. I pulled back from him to see I was right.

"Hey!"

"What?", he said, his eyes still half-closed as he grinned at me.

"Why are you laughing at me?"

"I'm not laughing. I'm just smiling, babe"

"It's the same thing!"

"No, it's -"

Clearing his throat, Dongpyo raised an eyebrow at Rei, "Aside from their flirting, I was freaking out because I woke up with an old man holding a broom near my face. What makes you think this time it will be any better?"

Aghast, I gaped at him, "We weren't flirting!"

"At this point, hearing you both so noisy in the morning is kind of flirting for us", Chenle commented.

Ni-ki took the opportunity to lie his head down on the table, bolstered by his forearms.

"Come on, pyo! We can get fresh air and get surrounded by nature out here!", Rei waved her hands around in big gestures, nearly hitting Chenle's face who was sitting beside her, "Don't you want to do something adventurous before you got stuck in a farm somewhere in Jeju?"