✗ forty six ✗

⚊ chapter forty six

Park Minji isn't all that confident, you know? I feel like I have this imposter syndrome where I am doubting my abilities and feeling like a fraud for being fake.

But my aunt told me it's only natural to be wary of what I should be or who I should be when we have this kind of judgemental society and more often than not did they not want you to stand to being unique.

I mean, for me, in a way, we got used to following the lead of the other since we were a kid and our elders were the first ones to say there should only be boys and girls, not any more genders to list.

That's what they've been taught to.

As for me, I prefer to judge for myself and honestly, I hated my deceased grandma once for saying to my cousins and I on how the queer people were wasting their lives on being themselves.

Because in her opinion, they will never have a real family. And even if you told her about the option of adopting, she says it's still not the same as having your childrens in blood.

I never get her. I never get why she's this one who should be full of wisdoms and yet still homophobic until the day she died.

I never intended to follow her footsteps and well since she was long gone anyway, my plan is to be the best version of myself.

Some can do it alone. Some can do it with the people who brings the best out of them. For me, it's my friends and of course, Nishimura Riki.

I was realizing it by the time he approached me after Keiji left in taste, looking like a sore loser that he must be.

"What the fuck did he do?", he asked as he scanned me up and down frantically with clear fear in his eyes.

"It's fine, Ni-ki. I just lost my temper because he said something inappropriate about us and then he touched me on my th -", I tried to explain but he interrupted me in the middle of my sentence.

"Sorry but what? He fucking touched you?", Ni-ki spat out in disgust, as though he could barely stomach the news.

Sunoo, who seems to know him better than everyone here, attempted to calm him down, "Don't worry Ni-ki, your Minji here had defended herself properly and it was a real shame to us boys who couldn't do anything when she can manage just fine"

Ni-ki laughed cruelly in response, "Just wait here, hyung. I won't be long", he sneered as he took after Keiji.

"No!", I said as Sunoo and I quickly grabbed on the back of his shirt to stop him, "Ni-ki, he's not worth it getting into trouble for! I already did some damage by the way. Look!", I exclaimed as I pointed to the speck of blood in my fist.

"She busted his nose real good like she did before to you", Jungwon bragged, making me stop at the reminder, "I mean, isn't she the one to punch you inside the nurse's office?", he finished with a laugh.

My friend isn't really helping at all as he hyped Jungwon up, "They both have nosebleed that day from what I heard"

Even though it was a humiliating flashback, the corner of Ni-ki's lips lifted into a small smile at their words and the anger in his eyes faded.

And for that, I was thankful for the help of our friends.

"And from now on, whoever dared to come after you will taste the wrath of Park Minji", I exclaimed as I held up my injured hand.

Ni-ki's eyes then snapped down to my hand and his expression immediately changed from amusement to being full of concern.

"Oh Grumps, you're an absolute dumbass! What are you even bragging about when you're hurt?", he said, grabbing my hand gently so he could inspect it closer.