✗ thirty seven ✗

⚊ chapter thirty seven

Everyone thinks I'm overdramatic when I'm upset, but I heard when an octopus get stressed out, it eats itself. Now who's the overdramatic one here?

But seriously, who wouldn't throw a fit if Nishimura managed to get late in the first twenty minutes of our detention?

And of course, the wannabe Aizawa didn't take it too kindly by giving us another two hours in the detention room. To make matters worse, he ordered us to clean the art room after hearing Nishimura complained about being bored.

Now here I am, further noticing the lack of students walking out in the hallway. The silence everywhere is immense and I noted how barren it was apart from some teachers who are staying late in the faculty office.

Everyone had gone home, except for me and Ni-ki from what it looks like.

When I dared a peek from the doorway to look at the hallway, it glowed under the flourescent light and my shoes thumped on the concrete floors, echoed into nothingness.

If I thought the sky slowly getting darker for the change of the weather, this was ten times worse.

Brave student like me had nothing on the monsters hiding in the shadows, but I closed the door otherwise and tried to alleviate the irrational fear of being murdered and left for the teachers to find my body in the morning.

Nuh uh. The only dead body they will find is Nishimura's after I'm done with him.

The monkey boy had the nerve to sleep on the teacher's desk behind the cabinet of the painting materials in the back of the room.

If only the Aizawa man wouldn't add another hour if he found me dumping a can of paint to the monkey, then I would've done in the first chance I got.

In my own ingenious decision, I plugged my phone on the speaker they have here and instead of playing it lower, I blared my Taylor Swift's playlist, so it could wake up any ghostie sleeping anywhere in this plain of existence.

My mood lifted like someone pried the negativity off my shoulders when I begin to hear Nishimura making a sound of protest from the back.

"There", I clapped cheerfully as I turned up the volume higher, "That's more like it. Wake the demon up in this room!"

Any words of protest from him were drowned out by Taylor S. singing to 'Bad Blood'. I bobbed my head and swayed as I started to pick up the dirty brushes from the long tables.

If anything could fix my attitude, it was music, because right now, I have a bad blood with my oh so sweet company to help me by catching a nap in the back.

Real helpful, right? I'm so thankful he's making it easier for me.

I sat down on a stool and is reaching for a black garbage bag from under the table when the music stopped.

"Are you fucking kidding me?", I shouted when I saw it was because of an incoming call.

I'd never received so much phone calls in my life compared to this month because my friends knew I'd rather have them messaging me and yet even without looking at the caller, I answered with all the sass in my body.

"Who the fuck is this? And what do you need? If this is a scam, then the jokes is on you, I have no money! I'm broke as a beggar in the street!"

"Jesus, hello to you too", I heard someone spoke and it's Yang Jungwon.

My voice lower into a nice one, "Well, hi Jungwon. To what do I own the pleasure of your service?"

"You okay?"