✗ four ✗

⚊ chapter four

Imagine you wake up with the biggest headache on a Sunday morning and if that isn't enough much of a problem, I was soon running down to the bathroom, puking yesterday's dinner down the toilet bowl.

My memory was hazy, but my body aches reminded me I consumed enough alcohol to feel like I was the humpty dumpty egg on the Alice in Wonderland if he cracked.

Minji, why you must lack common sense to drink?

I hadn't felt this shitty since the last Choi Beomgyu's party from this past September. The memories of my three friends carrying me like a dead log up my room while trying not to wake up my auntie made me shudder.

I wondered if I had been that wasted last night.

I attempted to step out of the bathroom, not wanting a repeat of what I did last week. My auntie almost had a heart attack to see her niece crawling out of the door with a messy hair, pale sickly skin and a sweaty body, which made it loom like I am a white lady coming out of the grave.

"Ugh", I cried out as I bumped into the stainless door, causing for it to clank.

The earth shifted under my weight like I was still drunk. I rested my hand on the wall to steady myself.

Today would be no fun. My blood was already boiling because I found my bed full of sands, so I stripped it off the mattress and threw them in the wash, careful not get a dirt on my carpeted floor.

Now it made me question as to who brought me up here. I couldn't for the life of me remember what I did last night in that party.

"Are you alive in there?", I heard my cousin asked from outside my locked door.

"Barely", I mumbled back.

"I've got coffee and those toasted bread you like"

I thanked him and continued to fix my bed even though a question had become imminent in my head as I heard him climbed down to the kitchen. Why is he here?

Park Sunghoon only bothered me if I did something that troubled him.

Not having the energy to be the usual headache that I am to him, I blew out a shaky breath and threw on my oversized sweatshirt to hide the redness of my skin.

I was so pale I couldn't hide if I feel sick inside.

When I entered the kitchen, I found my cousin with two mugs on his hand and a look of disappointment  on his face. He lived across the street, so he can simply barged in here easily. Other than Yeji, his younger sister - my favorite person - he felt the need to take care of me if he wasn't busy.

It had been that way since he found me wanting to end everything after the news of the doctor.

How can one recover anyway if you were to hear your family is taken from you in only one night?

I even thought my younger sister would be saved, she followed them hours later too in her sleep.

"Good morning nose buster", he said. I snorted as I accepted the mug of coffee and plopped onto the chair beside him with a sigh, careful not to spill.

"I barely remember last night"

"You don't remember being kissed by Jungwon then embarassing me by fainting on Ni-ki's arms and vomited on him after I asked him for help to bring you here with me?"

What the hell?

I blinked and rummaged through my brain for those memories, but nothing came up. I didn't care for kissing Jungwon, because I don't feel anything to that but a simple happy crush.