✗ twenty ✗

⚊ chapter twenty

I'd like to think that I'm not an unhappy person. I'm just tired of the same routine and people and the bullshit they bring on a normal basis.

At the end of the day, I knew everyone would eventually hate me for being like this.

At the end of today, I was at my locker with Chenle, minding my own business like a normal breathing human would want when Jungwon and Sunoo walked up to me.

"Hey Minji", Jungwon greeted with his usual dimpled smile, "Sunoo and I are going to hang out over my house. Want to join us? Don't worry, you'll not be the only girl. Sunhee's going to be there"

I gave him an apologetic smile, "No thanks. Besides, I have to go tutor my nightmare that is also your friend"

"Well, suit yourself. Just remember that you will enjoy our company more than his", Sunoo added.

He said this because he knew at this point how much I like their friend in an opposite meaning, okay?

"I'm really sorry guys", I said with a frown to my face.

I wish I could go to know Sunhee better, but their friend's threat to me from the lunch time is very clear. Back out and the outcome is letting my aunt know about the crime I proudly did, which would caused me many things.

She'll probably scold me for the act of trespassing and disturbance of privacy, but most of all, she'll be disappointed.

She'll think about it unstoppably for days and instead of blaming me, she would throw it all to her shoulder.

And the last thing I wanted is for her to doubt her own ability to be a parent to me.

"Nah, it's okay. We know how demanding Ni-ki can be", Jungwon said before adding, "Where's Sunny anyway?", he asked it to Sunoo this time.

"Probably talking to her Mr. Right in the phone as always", Sunoo rolled his at the sentiment.

I wasn't surprised when later on the girl in question came walking out from the corner with her infamous minion bag that she seemed to used every school year. She must've taken care of it a lot when it still look as new despite of it's long use.

She was always happy nowadays as everybody liked to say.

As she saw me standing there with Sunoo and Jungwon, she wore a sunshine like smile, her eyes disappearing and I understood why one particular boy I knew would want her.

I mean, if there's a girl who could make me insecure the most, it would be her.

She's the very opposite of me, a sunshine in a human form while I am a thunder and lightning.

I am brewing disaster in the making.

"Did they already invited you to go with us?", she asked me, lifting her eyebrows knowingly.

"Yep, but she said no. Got a tutoring session with Ni-ki", Sunoo relayed to her and she nodded.

"Well, good luck with him then. He's one tough headache for you, right?", she said, making me feel surprise that she actually knows what's going on.

I just shrugged. That's exactly what everybody is talking about, but I am in no mood to be grouchy to this sweet one. Who knows if Nishimura comes for me if the feelings of this girl was hurt?

"Do you want us to join you?", she asked again, smiling softly and I felt guilty.

Guilty for judging the other girls, but with her? I couldn't. Isn't that like a bit of hypocrisy from my side?