✗ nine ✗

⚊ chapter nine

I fought back the urge to rip him into pieces like the way I was doing now to a one page of my notebook.
My time here is wasted. Then there's the culprit, in front of me with an amused look etched on his annoying face.

The work that I assigned for him to answer is ignored in front of him. We were just left staring at each other, one wanting to kill and one wanting to laugh.

It had been half an hour of me constantly having to repeat of what he should study based on what my teacher sended that he fantastically failed at last year. Either he was playing dumb or he really was just stupid, nothing of it is working in what should probably just one single cell in his brain.

"You're cute when you're annoyed", Ni-ki said out of the blue, making me give him a stink eye.

"You're a better person if you didn't speak at all", I replied smugly.

"This is boring. I'm going to take you down to join the others for a while downstairs", he said, completely ignoring my insult.

I shook my head, "I don't think so. My only goal here is to teach you and not to hang around", then I smiled at the thought of his one friend, "Now that you invited me, then why not? Let's go then"

He rolled his eyes and said, "What's with the sudden change of mind?"

"I would see Yang Jungwon. Now promise me, you won't embarass me in front of him", I said, bringing my arms to my chest.

"I, Nishimura Riki, promise you that I won't embarass you in front of Yang Jungwon, not unless you were the one to do it yourself", he said, rolling his eyes again, "Knowing you, I bet you would be rolling down the stairs in a minute"

"Only it would happen if you push me down the steps", I gave in when he doesn't reply anymore and followed the potential start of my karma who I so much hated.

Some may mistaken us for being friends in the way we were acting, but I beg for them to look deeper between us. His obnoxious smirk, dark eyes and overly conceited style of walking forward before me made want to wack him in the head.

You know what? Now that it entered my mind, I should do it.

I should do it because of him interrupting our study session.

I jumped up and bopped him in the head. I then ruffled his head and laughed as he stops to look at me, clearly dumbfounded to what I was doing to him. A triumphant smile replaced my downturned lips as I appreciated his now messy hair.

His hair was so easy to mess up honestly. He's not the type to bathe it with those waxes and gel.

Instead of being mad at me, Ni-ki just rolled his eyes, leading me down to the living room. His entire group is there, watching a movie and spread around in the couches and down even in the carpeted floor.

It was absolutely shocking to see them all in one place when some of them is the most popular in school.

Heeseung is here, so is Sunhee and they were occupying the love seat together. They were just a beautiful couple in my eyes.

"Hello, I didn't know you're here", the cute girl even greeted me from the arms of her boyfriend, "You should join us to watch the Rise of Gru"

I only nodded and give her a small smile. Ugh, she's so cute and charming and everything that I wasn't.

Except that I couldn't accept her invitation when Ni-ki took a turn and walked out of the back door in the kitchen. An old tree with a tire attached to it with a rope stood in the middle of an empty yard facing another open street.