✗ thirty six ✗

⚊ chapter thirty six

What is the most extreme sport in the history of my school days?

Doing my homework while the teacher is collecting it and because this old man is as slow as the snail in Monster U, I'm afraid to say this year would last before he could reach my table to get it.

By the time he got to me, I was smiling cheerfully and handing the homework paper to him like I didn't just finished it a few seconds ago. Though there is a problem, not that big but he'll have a hard time through my chicken scrawl.

I have never had a beautiful penmanship anyway. It's no wonder why no one asked me to borrow my notes. They were just all too damn polite to admit they couldn't read through my notebook without getting a migraine.

Only I can read it, but sometimes even I was disgusted by the way I wrote. It certainly looks like I have a reason to love chicken more.

After the class, Mr. Kang pulled me aside and asked me about the tutoring with Nishimura. I assured him that it's going great and that we're actually getting along more than he can imagine.

He seemed pleased I was able to help him and I was also pleased, considering what his sudden decision had led on to. Does he wants to know there's more than studying happening whenever I'm over at Ni-ki's house?

Well, I feared he might get an early heart attack if I told him every details.

After it was over, I trudged across the campus with Chenle to meet our friends in the caf.

Dongpyo already ordered my drink and held it towards me as I took a sit beside Rei. I noticed it was quite smudged with a light pink lip tint, an obvious move that someone takes a few secret sips at it.

I chuckled, "Hey", I sipped the cold beverage, relaxing besides her, "How was your class?"

"Good. Have you started the science project yet with Woochan?", Rei asked, biting on a garlic cream cheese bread.

My stomach growled at the sight, considering I hadn't eaten a breakfast. She must've seen hunger through my eyes because she tipped the other one to me and I thankfully grabbed it before taking a bite, tasting a new kind of paradise.

Heavenly delicious. You can not go wrong with garlic.

"Yes, he asked me to meet in the library later", I said through a mouthful of my bread, "What about you two, Pyo? Chenle?"

They both nodded with Dongpyo filling us about nearly burning their kitchen after the girl named Yuna tried to cook something in their oven. Chenle told us about his chemistry experiment where surprisingly enough, Kim Sunoo is quite good at it.

I loved hearing about their stories, because despite us all going into the same school, we had such different academic experiences.

Amidst the topic of Rei experimenting on a frozen dead frog, my phone buzzed against my leg.

If it isn't my favorite monkey of the day.

[ Giant Monkey : Have you eaten lunch yet? I want to invite you, but Sunoo is whining and now we're out of the school to eat somewhere ]

[ Giant Monkey : Of course, Jungwon is here but I didn't want to mention him at first in case someone might get ideas ]

[ Giant Monkey : Your cousin is also here teasing me on how he would practically be my brother-in-law in the future ]

[ Giant Monkey : No offense but I certainly don't want him to be my family, not after I'd seen him laughing to himself once ]