✗ thirty two ✗

⚊ chapter thirty two

What the fuck are birds so excited about at 5 am? Like hell, I don't get it. They could properly greeted each other but please, not at this time of the day.

Especially not when I woke up to almost suffocating on the weight agaisnt me.

Does ever someone lay directly on top of you and you're lowkey dying but he's so cuddly and content, so you suffer in peace for almost an hour?

I may be crazy for tolerating it, but crazy is better than stupid then I realize I'm also stupid to even be here and one of my traitorous hands were busy caressing on the back of his head.

His hair is actually so soft, huh? I also have to regard the way he clings to me with his head settled into the crook of my neck and his face is hidden by the curtain of my hair.

I could feel his gentle breath against my skin. For a time, everything is well.

And so I fell asleep again with those shocking thoughts in my head.

In the following hours, with the sun against my face, I didn't expect to wake next to Ni-ki, but this time, we were facing each other. Yet I did not expect for something to ruin by having my whole body feel hot and I felt nauseous, along with the certain tightness in my throat.

I felt like cursing myself for eating too much ice cream yesterday night. Sore throat. Sore throat is always my curse!

However I refrained from waking up the monkey beside me because I'm still nice for a human. But his snores are so loud, it's literally funny how I squish his nose and he doesn't budge.

He's like a baby. Loud and cute!

I'm insane for calling him cute lately and repeatedly, but I'm too tired to fight with my inner common sense. Maybe later we'll have an argument with the thing called 'conscience'.

"Are you going to wake up? Are you? Are you? Wakey wakey, monkey!", I said repeatedly while I began to poke his cheek.

Nishimura slowly opened his eyes and a groan left his mouth, "It's still too early. Go back to sleep", his voice was low and I could tell he was barely awake.

I threw the soft blanket we shared all to him and stared down at him, "Just answer my question. I'm sick, Ni-ki. My throat is all itchy and aching"

"We can skip today", he said tiredly and closed his eyes again, "Now go back to sleep"

"Only if we get pancakes from McDonald's", I told him sternly, lying back down to my side and facing him.

"Fine but your aunt would probably kill me if the pancakes get your throat worse", he grumbled, trying to cover himself with the blanket.

"She loves you. Now sleep well and ignore me", I retorted and fanned my face because I was hot. I might've earned a fever overnight.

How weak is your immune system, Minji, huh? I can't tell, because even as a kid my throat is weak to any cold food and drinks and the doctor said once I should stop eating too much ice cream.

No can do. Ice cream is life. It was only one of the treasure this world learnt to make.

Nishimura, still in his dreamland, had not the mind as he cuddled himself into me. I rolled my eyes and groaned, "Get off of me, I'm sick!"

"Make me", he replied like the giant child he is.

"But you're making me hot!", I complained, dragging out the words and now I realized something.

We do have the same personality, after all for acting like childrens together. Wow.

My complain only made him cuddle me harder until I have to fight him off not to get on top of me.