✗ ten ✗

⚊ chapter ten

I drowsily looked around to see a cream painted ceiling. Memories flood my mind and I grunted in frustration, wondering why the hell am I in someone's room instead of my car's driver seat.

I let my eyes roamed around the bedroom to see that I had been in the same room where I tutored Ni-ki.

Wait a second.. How did I end up here?!

"Ah, finally, the sleeping frog is awake!", a familiar voice exclaimed, clapping their hands from behind me.

I rolled around to see he's on the end of the bed, already dressed in a lighf blue pajamas.

"Now why the heck am I in your bed? Ew, did you stalk me all the way to take me from inside my car? Help, someone is out here to get me!", I screamed madly, bile rising from the back of my throat at the thought.

"You're even more crankier when you wake up, huh?", Ni-ki remarked, chuckling, "And I'm not a kidnapper, thank you so much. Plus, you should be thankful I'm letting you hog my bed for a smaller one in the guest room, so stop being so dramatic"

"Well, sorry to offend you, but who would not freak out when the last thing I remember I was in my car!", I exclaimed and sat up, a disgusted look in my face even though he said otherwise.

"You're so fast in jumping into conclusions", he said, amused.

I stuck my tounge out at him, partially annoyed but also playful while he busted out in laughters at the way I responded to him.

Rain poured rather loudly from the window as it pounded against the glass, making me look at it and cringed to see how it was already dark for me to even create a believable lie to my aunt.

Not that I was used to being a big petty liar to her since I turned thirteen.

I replayed what had happened earlier and one question formed in my mind; how the hell did he found me in my car? How did he open it?

Or was it unlocked in the first place? Did I blocked out again after my breakdown?

"Hey, how the hell did you even find me? As far as I can remember, I drove away from here", I pointed out to him.

"Oh, wouldn't you love to know?", Ni-ki smirked and continued, "You know how you dashed out of my house like a mad man and your cousin is calling for you? He said you look so crestfallen, so he got worried for some reason and demanded for all of us to find you at once"

I rolled my eyes as a way to hide how I feel about it and said, "And?"

Sunghoon knew something about me, only a few of my relatives was aware of it and since then, it had always been his reason to keep an eye on me even though I'm dodging his concern.

Heck, even my friends was oblivious to that one secret I held.

"We looked around you for like twenty minutes or so and anyways, Sunhee herself saw your car in one parking lot, so she called us and see you there passed out in the driver's seat. The aircon wasn't even on, you could've died!"

"Well, aren't you all my little angels to save me from my doom?", I replied in a cooing manner. I paused then choked out, "Tha-thank you"

Holy meatballs from the pasta I once devoured, I never thought I'd ever say that to Nishimura Riki. I then realized his hair was wet and I was in a different clothes, a yellow pajamas. Wait, did he changed my clothes while I was asleep?

"Did you change my clothes?", I asked him, eyeing him suspiciously.

He look at me as if he can't believe what I was saying, "I know you think so low of me, but seriously, you think I would take advatange of you?"