✗ forty eight ✗

⚊ chapter forty eight

When I finished showering and changing into my casual clothes, I sat on the kitchen island, drinking my morning cup of coffee while my aunt is preparing the table for our breakfast. The front door opens to Yeji only, who walked in carrying her brother's puppy, Gaeul with a radiant smile.

I've always liked her better than Sunghoon to be honest. We almost acted like sisters. But I have this one notion, that if one were to ever hurt this girl in any kind of form, they would meet me first before anything else.

She was that important to me. She used to be also closed to my sister.

"Good morning, what's for breakfast?", she asked after letting Gaeul ran around the floor.

"Egg drop sandwich, dakjuk and corn beef bibimbap", my aunt handed us the extra plate of the sandwich, my favorite.

The aromatic scent of the sandwich wafted in the air. My stomach rumbled at the sight before picking it up, "How was your week, Yeji?"

She told me everything in great detail. Starting with her Monday, then her sleepover with her bestfriends and then a breakfast over a traditional ramen place older than any of us.

Yeji was excited thee entire time she talked about her week and it made me happy to see how she was enjoying her life.

"Friday was also fun", she said, waiting for her hot choco to be served, "I think Saturday will be too. We're going on a museum"

She loves history unlike her brother, I completely forgot, "Oh yeah, would you do the favor of buying me a keychain? Like monkeys from the history of our animals?"

"Monkey? I guess I could find you something like that in the souvenir shop", Yeji pretended to make their sounds and I chuckled, "Have you heard by the way that the girl my brother has a crush on returns at the vet?"

"The one pet sitting there?", I choked on my sandwich at the news.

"Yes", Yeji said happily, nodding her head, "I asked her name finally and do you wanna know?"

I blinked, "Of course I wanna know who is the unlucky girl that your brother have a crush on", I smirked at the thought of finally using a name to make him shut up.

My aunt finally poured her hot choco into her cup that was shaped like a bear, "Koo Jangmi and from what it looks like, she wasn't fazed by my brother's handsomeness"

This made me bust out into laughters as I understand what this meant for Sunghoon. A girl not attracted to him after meeting a few times? That's a rarity indeed.

I set the my mug of coffee on the table as the front door swung open and Sunghoon entered, "Good morning ladies, I bought newly baked brownies from the new bakery near this block"

The sun was setting in beautiful shades of yellow rays from behind him and our windows were open to enjoy the breeze. Another week was speedily ending and the weather was giving away to the budding warmth of summer before the semestral break.

We had not stopped talking about Sunghoon's budding love life after a long time being salty about his friends' love life and how terrified he would be if I forced myself to go with him in the vet at Gaeul's next visit.

And because I love him so much, I would certainly join him every visit from now on.

"I can't wait to embarass the life out of him", I cried out and we all laughed.

"I would not leave him alone", Yeji waved her arms, biting into her sandwich, "We'll see how he will act in front of this Jangmi"

"Blah blah blah.. I can't hear you!", Sunghoon proclaimed with a roll of his eyes.