✗ two ✗

⚊ chapter two

There were seven of them, of course.

His older friends would always be a step behind him. I recognized them all for being in the same school and it didn't help they were all popular along the girl beside Ni-ki.

He rested up the tall lifeguard's chair while still talking to the cutest girl in school. To my knowledge, the sister of his bestfriend, Kim Sunhee and the girl he hugged in front of the whole school at that one game, where everybody speculated that he may or may not have feelings for her.

It was a controversial gossip since we all know she's the girlfriend of Lee Heeseung.

How cliche it is to have a crush on your friend's girl.

Sunhee said something to him, causing him to look down at her. He grinned happily.

"Think there's up to that grin of his?", I asked Rei.

"You're at it again", she said, "You're joining the gossip you shouldn't even be caring about when you could focus on the fun here"

She motioned to the crowd of students surrounding us. They were most likely the same people who watched things go down if a drama were to happen between the three.

There's nothing a school population liked than a scandalous fights of two boys over one girl. It rarely happens though, so any scoop they could get, they were reveling in it.

I snorted, taking an unopened beer from Rei's hand.

"Here's your chance to fight for me, Dongpyo", I said, but he was already off on the prowl.

We spotted him on the other side of the fire pit, smiling his best smile to some members of the basketball team this time. He's popular to being one of the gossip prince in our school.

It's no surprise he's a part of the school newspaper, not an editor but one of the reporters, always there to spread around in order to broadcast something news. Sometimes we were even the ones worried for him.

What if one caught the wind of him and confront him about it?

He doesn't have to worry though, he just need to tell me the name and I would show the taste of why I'd been going to the gym lately.

We took our place beside him and he introduced us to his new friends.

The guys was cute, but nobody I would be willing to associate myself to. I have my crush on someone in the newspaper club anyway.

"Do you think they have a sister my age? Or a female friend?", Rei whispered, causing me to almost choke on my beer.

"Are you not vibing with any of them?", I asked.

She shrugged, "No one look my type. I'm just going to find Liz", she said and disappeared with Chenle.

I didn't blame Rei for being true to herself.

But if I had to choose any of the boys in our year, only one caught my attention. His name was Jungwon, also a friend of Ni-ki. He had red hair a few days ago and his dimpled smile was rather welcoming.

If I had to guess, he was on the higher section, so I couldn't share any classes with him.

Throughout the conversation of Dongpyo to the basketball team, I kept glancing to the shore where Jungwon is playing around with Jay and Sunghoon, a beach volleyball minus for the net.

When he would catch me staring for being near them, I averted my eyes like I didn't care or wasn't interested. Although it made my stomach flutter to see him noticing, I didn't let my emotions show on my face.