✗ sixteen ✗

⚊ chapter sixteen

This was too bad to be true. The mighty and respected Park Minji - in my perspective and believe in my ability to get over my head - who always looked so cool and calm is finally embarassing herself at the max level.

Nishimura Riki is going to revel at every second of it.

Of course, in his point of view, he wanted to remember this day forever and also for potential blackmail, he whipped out his phone, rushing to get me into a capture motion of shame, not wanting to miss anything.

He held the phone up to my face, making sure to zoom in extra close.

Can his friends fuck off with their laughters and jeers behind him? I don't need them reminding me of how I am the biggest idiot of the week.

"Grumps", Ni-ki called, causing for me to break out in growls, "Please", he said, letting out a loud bark as he started to circle around me who sat down in shame at his bed.

What the hell is he trying to do?

Just as I was about to attack him to stop taking a video of me, I heard cheer coming from Sunoo and Jake, followed by the sound of Jungwon screaming in glee and rapidly approaching footsteps behind the distracted Ni-ki.

Well, shit.

He was shoved down by his back and the surprise caused him to clumsily drop his phone down the floor. It wasn't the least of my problems though, his phone wasn't the only one to drop onto something.

I could say it by the sudden heavy weight on top of me and the impact was so strong, I closed my eyes by the abrupt fall of my body down the mattress which saves me from most of the pain.

Not from the pain of another level of mortification because when I opened my eyes to hear a hitching up breath, I came in contact with the reddening face of Nishimura Riki.

As I took a slow scoot to the side, I heard a soft groan, followed by a faint, "Minji"

I am so dead.

I carefully observed his face and furrowed my eyebrows as I saw his eyes were blinking down at me in utter shock while his friends were cackling in the background like a group of delighted gorillas.

I was confused: I swear I never heard him call me by my proper name before.

About to attempt to leave him, I saw his lips move and he call out gently, "Minji" again but this time, slightly louder and clearer.

Oh my god. Was he knocked out of his sanity?

This is too good to be true.

"Sunoo, come on. Capture it and let's send it to her cousin!", I heard Jungwon cutely shouted behind us.

Not wanting for them to send something scandalous to Sunghoon, I pushed Ni-ki out of the way and crazily dashed out of the room, then ran like a crazy woman until I was out of the street before I go for my parked car.

"Did you get it?", said Rei in excitement as she turned around to face me after I slammed the door opened and closed it.

Breathing heavily, I signalled for her to drive and seeing that I was so red in the face and clearly empty-handed, she quickly speed out of the street for the reason, she already understood the outcome of this adventure.

The outcome of a mission failed and in the game I had against Nishimura Riki, this was the result.

Minji: 1 - Ni-ki: 1

I guess she also knew by the look in my face that I was caught.

"So what happened? Are we in need to get out of the city now? Is he calling the police?", Rei asked in pure panic.