✗ twelve ✗

⚊ chapter twelve

When I thought the karma of my days is over, I didn't ever think one of the ridiculous things that could happen is for Ni-ki to follow me down to my house.

The cause of all of this is Park Sunghoon who apparently told my aunt how Ni-ki was the one to help me in one of my black out episodes and now she was thanking him profusely for taking care of me.

It was hard to contain my true feelings over the matter. If it wasn't for the smile on her face, I would've shove the boy out of the house.

But for her, I didn't.

She even let him stay over as she cooked her famous cookies as an appreciation for being a gentleman in her eyes. I honestly can't stop gagging mentally at how Ni-ki was clearly enjoying the attention being poured to him.

It was honestly very weird for him to join us in the breakfast over our kitchen.

"Thank you Ms. Park. I appreciate you taking your time to do this for me", Ni-ki said, but his eyes were on me as if to say 'I'm such a charming boy' even though I beg to differ.

My aunt's back was turned to us as she baked cookies under the stove in the oven. We were sitting on the stools facing the kitchen counter and it was such a far cry from what he had in his house.

His house is probably double the size of this one. We don't need a bigger one anyway, it's only me and my aunt here all the time.

"No problem, dear! Thank you for taking care of my niece!", my aunt answered and turned around, giving me a discreet wink.

What was that? What the hell are you suggesting now, Auntie?

No way.. Hell no!

I furrowed my eyebrows at her and rolled my eyes after realizing what she meant. She was secretly suggesting me to bait Ni-ki among the million fishes from the sea of boys and I wasn't up for that kind of catch.

That my friend, is called a stupid decision.

I took my phone out and opened Spotify, tapping on the playlists I have. I could either play One Direction, Justin Bieber, Panic at the Disco, Coldplay or any singers that was trending nowadays.

I picked Avril Lavigne, mainly because I love her songs more than anything any new singers were releasing. For example, that girl who got instant famous by a song about a driver's license or whatever.

I refused to believe you could be that heartbroken over a boy that much in her age.

But then, who I am to have a say when I never experienced it in the first place?

Maybe I could understand her one day.

Smile by Avril is now playing because who doesn't like one of her biggest hits in 2011? An amused look was etched on Ni-ki's face as I horrible screamed the lyrics on the top of my lungs.

I got up from my seat and pretend to strum on an electric guitar, the music filling the air along with the smell of chocolate chips cookies from the oven. I sneezed slightly before screaming to the song again.

I'm definitely giving Ni-ki more reasons to see me being crazy, but who cares? I was far from being normal anyways to him after what he have me do in his house earlier in front of his friends.

Damn the dignity and pride, I'll own that fucking humiliation in my own terms.

"Sing with me!", I urged Ni-ki and nudged his shoulder as he eyed me in amusement.

"I have no idea what that song is, sorry", he replied with a small chuckle, making me roll my eyes.

It's all ever do in his presence I'm afraid it would roll forever one of these days.