✗ three ✗

⚊ chapter three

Why? Why must Ni-ki, out of all Jungwon's friends, play against us?

He was currently my number on my shit-list of people and someone I wouldn't mind pummeling with the ball. I could turn this into a dodge game instead and this boy wouldn't know what's coming for him.

I grimaced at my aggresive thoughts, which were from the alcohol and broken noses.

Jungwon had his arm firmly around my shoulders with his head turned in Sunoo's direction. He spoke about throwing us to the mouth of a lion and I nearly wanted to say it was an insult to that majestic animal to compare to someone like Ni-ki.

I could tell he was also annoyed at our other opponent who happens to be Jake, another good one at sports.

We're already a loser before the game even begins.

It was awkward to me but competetive for them being friends and I was able to experience it first hand.

Ni-ki's eyes flickered to me then towards Jake and then back at me like he saw a monster.

"Why is that she-devil here?", he demanded and then he stared.

Shit, he actually remembered me from earlier? Suddenly his eyes narrowed and the faintest smile crept on his face. Should I be scared he'll use the volleyball now for some payback?

I was about to protest and say I didn't want to play anymore. But if I quit, Ni-ki would think I was a coward who is scared of him and I wouldn't have it. Never in my life would I admit defeat in his face.

So I closed my eyes, takes a deep breath and prepare myself to kick his ass.

We finished putting a line betwen the two sides when Ni-ki called Jungwon's name and the beach ball is arching towards him in a few seconds. Jungwon didn't crack a smile or a reply. We were just suddenly fighting back and doing our back to keep up with his friends.

We won for one score and I cast a smirk over Ni-ki.

A small, victorious sound came from Jungwon's throat as his fingers brushed behind my lower back. My body tensed and it must've shown on my face because Ni-ki turned to us, jumping up with laughters.

This was going to be interesting. Keep laughing, you monkey.

I would get the last laugh, I promise!

We played a couple of rounds and we were lucky Jake is quite tipsy, he couldn't handle the game until he was force to leave and Sunghoon were the one to sub for him.

Except that I knew my cousin here wasn't good at any sport.

In one lost for them, Sunghoon removed his shirt. Thankfully, he came prepared with a sleeveless one under, his biceps were exposed for everyone to see and certainly an attention grabber.

I didn't blame the girls now approaching though, even I was in awe of my cousin from time to time.

I just don't get it on why I wasn't given the same genes of good looks. We have the same blood and yet, I look ordinary compared to him.

He stood out. I never did.

Jungwon tossed the ball at the last round and it landed perfectly without Ni-ki or Sunghoon saving it.

We cheered as Ni-ki picked up what their punishment would be from the fish bowl on Sunoo's lap. He read the dare out loud and my mouth fell, "Kiss the winner"

Nerves rippled through my belly like wild fire.

"Hell no, do it Ni-ki! I can't do it to my cousin, eww", Sunghoon commented in disgust and I could feel the same.