✗ forty two ✗

⚊ chapter forty two

Life is tough when you're a lazy bum who also doesn't give a shit about anything but at the same time cares too much about everything.

Especially if it has to do with someone like Nishimura Riki.

He refused to leave my house despite of me consistently saying he should go back to school or people might make some gossips about the two of us being absent at the same time all of a sudden.

He was so annoyingly stubborn that it didn't take long for me to give up and just let the monkey stay on my bed.

But not long ago, I kicked him out of the bedroom so I could change into a much breathable shirt and short than the hot comfort of his hoodie. The embarassment I felt earlier when he offered to carry me down the stairs was enough to last me a lifetime.

Does he think I cannot suddenly walk just because I have a period?

We were now downstairs in the living room watching some random episode of Dr. Romantic 2 where I'm crazily in love for Ahn Hyoseop. It took a long white for Ni-ki to get it before he could see me gushing over at the scene where he told Lee Sungkyung he knew a way to forget about stress or something.

And then he kissed her right then at the front of the sink or water fountain in my perspective.

I was now sat sideways on the sofa with my legs draped over Ni-ki's lap. I had expected him to shove it off, but instead of doing anything about it, he let me keep them there.

"Ugh Seo Woojin is so fucking hot. Why do you have to hate him, Cha Eunjae? If I were you, I'd grabbed him the first time he helped you when you got late!", I said in irritation as I admired the beautiful sight of the actor in the screen.

Cha Eunjae is Lee Sungkyung's character to be clear. And Ahn Hyosep as Seo Woojin is the love of my life.

Ni-ki jerked his head to face towards me with a lightning sharp speed. He shot me a nasty look as though I just offended the very start of his ancestors before rudely shoving my legs off his lap.

The momentum of the push almost topple me down to the floor and I let out a shriek in surprise and quickly steadied myself back into the sofa.

"Hey! What the fuck is your problem, Nishimura?", I huffed with a scowl on my face.

"Well maybe you should keep gushing over that Seo Woojin!", he spat bitterly.

His face screwed up into a scowl as he took one look again at my loml and I can't help but snort when I realized the baby monkey was on that mood again. He is being striked by the green monster we called jealousy!

But why does he felt the need to feel it against an actor as well?

"He's not even that good looking. You have shit taste in boys", I heard Ni-ki mumble and one more words from him, I would not be able to stop from saying it.

I just rolled my eyes and dumped back my legs into his lap. He glanced over at me with his eyebrows raised and looking so unimpressed of my actions.

"If I have shit taste in boys, then maybe you should work on yourself", I snapped to him, "Remember you're on top of them right now and it sounds like you're insulting yourself at the same time", I retaliated defensively.

A scowl of annoyance stayed on Ni-ki's face for a few seconds before it slowly faded and his eyes lit up excitement.

"Fair point, but what am I even saying when you didn't let me go in New Year until I take you home? It's your way to get my attention", he chuckled with an enormous grin on his face.