✗ forty ✗

⚊ chapter forty

My first instinct when I go see an animal like for an example a baby monkey in the zoo is to say "Hello there, you cutie poopie"

My first instinct when I see a person that I'm not close with and thinking otherwise is to avoid eye contact and hope they go away.

If they didn't get the signal, I would act like they're an air talking around me. But sometimes boys will be boys, they couldn't seem to get it when girls have no time to deal with their bullshit.

And it happens today when I'm helping the teacher or poor teacher I now called Mr. Aizawa fix the art classroom which was devastated at the last hit of the storm a few days ago.

I watched students come and go who just passed him by, but it was because he reminds me of my favorite anime character, I decided to lend him a hand like Deku would do if he were me. You know the cabbage-haired cinnamon bun from Hero Academia?

My skin prickled when the bell chimed in for the last subjects to end and some classes were now pouring out of their classrooms.

I was excused from my last class because of good samaritan act of mine today but now I was looking among the students walking by the doorway, to see if one of their heads belong to the handsome monkey.

I shouldn't expect him though, not when he texted me personally he'll have a soccer practice game after his classes.

The door swing open when I'm about to sweep the room and Jungwon sauntered in. His eyes naturally scanned the messy room and it landed on mind instead. A beaming smile appeared on his face and then I returned it as a greeting.

He waved eagerly and oh, he was walking towards me now.

The me who looked like a witch holding a broom in my two hands.

I straightened my body, but Jungwon disappeared when torso blocked my vision of him.

"Minji", I heard a voice called and I looked up to see Woochan, "Nice seeing you here"

He sat in the long table across from me and Jungwon paused behind him, his eyes turning into slits as he held both of his middle fingers up to the back of Woochan's head. I bit my cheek to stop myself from laughing.

He looked like an offended kitten, but the question is, what are this two doing here?

I can't help but get suspicious since they were both friends of Nishimura.

"Hello Joochan", I said my nickname to one of my class that I could stand and watched Jungwon backtracks to the door.

"You still calling me that? How are you by the way?"

Good to know he was fine with me to call him "Joochan" rather than the boring Woochan in my opinion.

"I'm good, just doing some angel's work and you?", I asked, wondering why the hell he is here. Does he need something?

As far as I can remember, we're already done with our project and there's no need to pretend we actually need each other this time.

"Flooded with school work, but I'm good", he relaxed into this spot, "Just a little sad you didn't show up at Sunhee's"

Nerves rippled through my stomach as I remember who is this person in front of me. I had been kissed by him once in a game of truth or dare, so don't judge me - no one is perfect, remember?

In order to be careful, I just said, "I was at home, you know, spending some quality time with my beloved bed"

"Ah, I see but didn't Ni-ki posted about you that night?"