✗ thirty nine ✗

⚊ chapter thirty nine

What's the dumbest thing you believed as a child? I would grow up to be happy and that my older cousin is my role model.

Now that I am bolder and older, I am just looking forward for a car to hit and run me over. Therefore, I could end this suffering which was caused by the guy named Park Sunghoon.

The cause of death would be; her cousin called at the worst of the worst timing in the history of 20's.

Seeing his name plastered on my screen had never made me even more bitter in this trying timws.

"I'm so sorry. I have to go talk to this kiss blocker", I grabbed my phone and dashed to the dark hallway, "Hey, do you know what you just did, Park fucking Sunghoon?", I shouted, feeling like I could punch someone right now.

"Wow, aren't you happy there's still someone worried about you? Your aunt is asking for you and I'm losing my mind, so where the hell are you, bitch?"

"I'm stuck at our school, Bastard"

"Damn. Jungwon told me Ni-ki is in there as well, and now I have more problems to think about"

I tapped my foot, "Where are you anyway?"

"At Sunoo's house. Can I come to get you two? You know, in case I'm disturbing something"

"No, you're not disturbing something good", I retorted with as much as sarcasm I can muster, "It's pretty bad out here, but will you be a good cousin and get us?"

"Yes, it's my job. I have no choice but to get two spawn of devils. Now in what building I could find you?"

"Art building"

He hunged up the call without even saying goodbye to me or how he could unlocks any exit for us to get out through. When I walked back into the classroom, Ni-ki was zipping his bag closed from the teacher's desk.

"Sunghoon is coming. Don't know how he would get us out though", I told him before jumping into the table's top.

"The storm is still bad. I'm afraid to say the thunders will fry him alive before he could arrive here"

I grabbed my own backpack, ready to flee when he got closer, "Let's see what kind of miracle will Sunghoon do to be our savior of the night"

"I'd feel a lot better if I can go sleep at your house tonight. Please let me, okay?"

Nishimura stared at me, waiting for me to agree. He will probably feel alone in his empty house if he were to go there after we're out of here. However, I couldn't imagine what would my aunt do once she saw him in there.

I didn't want her to have someone ideas with this boy ending suddenly to sleep in my bedroom. Then again, I don't think he'd let me off easily.

He took my hefty sigh as a yes and asked, "Where's Sunghoon hyung now?"

Finally, after a long time of waiting, my cousin did get help from Lee Heeseung himself who, for some reason, have borrowed a key from one of the teachers living near his house.

I don't know when was the last time I've been happier to see my cousin opening the door for us in the exit at the back.

"Never thought I would end the day getting you out of here, Riki!", Heeseung begins with a largest smile on his face when we meet them out the door.

Sunghoon scanned at the two of us up and down, "Looks like you didn't do anything. Good. Now let's run back to my car. I have no extra raincoats"

He locked the back door and we all stood there in the dark, aside from the sporadic flashes of lightning.