✗ forty three ✗

⚊ chapter forty three

Never in my life had I been moodier than today because like I premonished to Ni-ki the other day, Jo Woochan is not one to close his mouth about such a big news like us being together.

By the time I entered the first class earlier, everybody knew and are doing in their very best of ability to ask me or him about it while my friends was a different case. It is with my deepest regret that my fist is what Chenle had received as a greeting when he decides to tease me about it in the classroom.

Due to the teacher seeing it, she kept me at the end of the class and told me about how keeping my lady manners is important than my offended ego, so I'm hungry and is practically pushing everyone out of the way towards the cafeteria.

At this point, if a clown invited me down a drainage hole, I would just go in order to eat with him.

I swore under my breath as I turned a corner and saw a big crowd blocking my way for the paradise of food, which is a big no if I'm on the third day of my crimson tide.

As I got closer to the edge, I hear the jeers and riled up shouts of 'Fight, fight!' like a broken record of music that was threatening to deafen me the more I advances to the chaos.

"Seriously, if Pennywise was real, I would enjoy leading him here", I muttered under my breath in annoyance.

This was like a normal occurences on this school that every outsiders thought was relatively peaceful but just like every educational places, it couldn't avoid any brawl between two males and occasionally some nice epic hair grabbing fight for the girl's side.

I usually avoid to watch if I can because from the last time I did, I became included when I defended one girl from her former bestfriend.

Yup. I was real crazy that way.

I stomped my foot down in frustration, hating the way this fight is getting between me and my food, so I tried to navigate my way through the edge and hopefully find a way out for the cafeteria.

However, I was suddenly pushed forward by the jeering crowd and eventually without me meaning it to, I reached the point where I could see the brawlers of the day.

I saw one of the new soccer player named Keiji, lying beaten and bruised on the floor. Blood was gushing profusely from his nose, it made me wonder what did he do so wrong to be at the receiver of such anger.

My eyes then draw over to the boy straddling him on his stomach. My view of him was quite obscured because of the taller figures of James and Woochan over me, who upom seeing me behind them had given a wide berth for me to see closer.

"Be careful, Minji", I even heard Woochan whispering in the back of my head.

My eyes then widened in horror when I realize what he meant. It wasn't just some guy among my schoolmates. It was my own favorite giant monkey.

It was Nishimura Riki.

I was so shocked I couldn't even move as I watched delivered blow after blow at Keiji's face. Every violent thrust of his fists seems powered by hatred and so much anger.

Which brings me to a question, what did Keiji do to have Ni-ki in such a violent mood?

He even laughed maniacally on the floor like some kind of a lunatic shit as though he was enjoying to see Ni-ki exploding in front of everyone. I don't like what I'm seeing, and if every people here is only witnessing him be scary, I for one thing, had taken notice of something else in his eyes.

This was deeper than just a normal fist fight. It might be something personal.

"You're a joke, Riki. You thought leaving your family in Japan would make you better? No way, you're just like your dad, a good for nothing man who kept hurting my Aunt or should I say your mom?", Keiji sneered as blood dripped now from his malicious grin.