✗ seventeen ✗

⚊ chapter seventeen

Here's the list of the ten things that annoys me the most:

1. Feelings

2. People

3. Nishimura Riki

4. Couples

5. Nishimura Riki

6. Gym teachers

7. Nishimura Riki

8. Losing

9. Attention-seeker

10. Nishimura Riki

It was basically everything I can see in my hindsight right now, I don't even know why I started making a list.

As usual after the gym teacher announced the dodge ball game, everyone protest while Ni-ki and I stared at each other, both looking for a challenge.

Mostly the stuck-up girls who doesn't like to get sweaty. They were lucky I'm busy enough with their big crush, I won't waste my saliva to remind them to have some dignity for the sake of raising the flag for the young women such as us.

How can they try to diet and power through the exercises to be skinny but never do it in school?

I'm not saying it's the majority and yet I still feel disappointed, more to myself. Why am I even thinking of their well being?

Mr. Duprey blew his whistle to indicate that we should start the warm up race and stop the complaining.

The excuse of having a period or stomache was a broken record now, only a few was able to leave for the clinic.

Girls is their usual customers.

"Well, see you on the finish line, Grumps!", Ni-ki shouted towards me as he takes of running.

I started to run as well with the rest of the class, although they were soon watching me speed through if only to catch up with the giant monkey. They were used to this, to me being competitive against someone annoying the shit out of me.

The biggest example was last year, I passed out from exhaustion due to the track field's race and that someone named Huening Kai won over me.

After a while, another class had joined us which happens to be the same one for Yang Jungwon, I knew this was about to get exciting for me until everyone finished up their laps.

We all gathered together and the two gym teachers went over the rules of the dodge ball. I looked over to where the other class stood and my eyes landed on Jungwon.

He looked back at me and smiled. I shook my head and turned back to face the front.

As I look back to our own class, I caught onto Ni-ki's eyes on me and if Jungwon wore a smile, this one is always a smirk. With his attractive face, it works - it looks good on him whichever angle you looked at it.

The gym teachers aligned the balls on the center line in the gym then stepped back. My class stood on one side and Jungwon's stood on the next side. The female gym teacher placed her whistle into her mouth and blow it.

As soon as the whistle sounded, everyone run for the ball.

I run for the boy as well, keeping a keen eye on my biggest opponent. There were a lot of balls thrown at me, but luckily I dodged all of them. I then directed my ball towards a girl who I didn't know the name of and throw it.

The ball hit her legs. She's out of the game. Less obstacle to go for Nishimura.

She gave me a glare as she trudged towards the benches. I lifted my hand and waved at her, grinning widely.