✗ twenty nine ✗

⚊ chapter twenty nine

Am I angry at myself? You betcha!

Am I disappointed from my predicament today? Absolutely!

Have I learned my lesson to choose in saying yes to him? Probably not!

So as it turns out, Nishimura's idea of avenging himself consisted me doing all the chores inside his house and he was doing his best to throw everything in my way in the past two hours.

I knew from my two or three visits here before that he's a very neat person and he was one of the friends of Sunghoon that he was praising about his cleanliness in the house unlike that one time he and Jake was talking about Jay who they said is literally good at decorating his condo unit with his dirty clothes.

But back to the topic, I'm sure for whatever this boy held against me, this is his work. His house looks like it had been wrecked by the biggest typhoon of the century, only that I think the typhoon is none other than him.

To imagine this was the one who kissed and took care of me in Saturday night.

"Another serving of microwaved strawberries please!", Ni-ki barked, now sprawled like a royalty in the sofa in the middle of the living room.

However, he sure do like to be treated like a baby. A giant baby. He asked me to set a pillow under his head and then have his feet set upon another. To my annoyance earlier, I retaliated by putting all the available pillows around him even below the sofa.

Because you know, I'm worried if he falls and knocked his head against the floor, what if his brain got shaken off?

Wait.. Now that I think about it, why don't we bash it against the wall?

Maybe then he would return to his normal self. Was he ever normal in the first place?

I proceeded to get him another bowl of his favorite afternoon snack. He was such a jerk, he hadn't allowed me to eat one. I couldn't even sneak a single one because he was following me everywhere like a toddler to his mother.

I shoved the bowl down into the coffee in front of him, intending to annoy him as much as he was doing me.

"Don't break my stuff", Ni-ki said, shooting me a look of irritation.

"I don't care! Yell some more orders and it's not only this coffee table that would break from my anger!", I yelled with my hands tugging on my hair, fed up with treating him like a Lord.

He narrowed his eyes in response, "Fine if you are just going to complain about the easier jobs, I can find something harder for you to do", he said before jumping out of the sofa and grabbing ahold of my hand, "Let's go up to the attic"

"What's with the attic?", I asked, narrowing my eyes in suspicion as he dragged me up the stairs.

"Just do it, Park Minji!", he snapped bossily.

With a stressed out sigh, I followed him all the way up to the attic and he only stopped by the window where it does have a little stairs for us to get out in the top of what? - I looked at him again after seeing where he brought us up and think what was going on in that monkey brain of his.

The question popped in my mind, is this where he push me off this roof and make me fall to my inevitable death?

He pointed me to the rain gutter near us, but still far to make me scared and it was close enough to the edge where I could take a wrong move and fall all the way down from this third floor high up of the attic.

"There, the leaves of the trees is blocking the water from flowing down below", he said looking at me seriously like he thought I would agree, "Remove it for me"