✗ twenty one ✗

⚊ chapter twenty one

Do you ever get a text and you just stare at it for a while? Take a deep breath and think what the actual fuck am I suppose to reply to that message?

This one of those moment where I am perplexed at the text Ni-ki said to me by the time I changed out of my uniform and into a casual clothes at home.

He must've felt how out of touch my mood is, so he decided to be nice for once and give me a break for one day.

[ Giant Mon-Ki : Changed of plans, Sunoo is asking me to join them in their movie marathon and since I'm scared you might kill me today, I'll be asking for the deal tommorow later instead ]

And since I have no idea what kind of reply I should give, I paid him no mind instead.

I have to enjoy my remaining peace before whatever the deal he is asking for.

That evening when I slit out of my bedroom, I took note of how silent it was. The lights were off, but a dim glow oozed from underneath door of my aunt's bedroom.

It was too early for her to go to sleep.

Perhaps she was too tired from her two jobs and so I tried to tiptoe my way down the stairs, not wanting to disturb her deserved sleep.

I planned to go somewhere I can meet my preferred soulmate. Take a a guess who and where and how did we meet.

It's on the coolest place on the Earth for me.

The grocery store lit up the entire block near my street with it's gigantic lighted up signs. When I entered, the cool air from the aircon made me shiver a bit and I rolled the sleeves of my sweatshirt down my arms.

I walked to the frozen section and my mouth salivated at the sight of my soulmate after a long time being apart. I flushed down some of them anyway to make our love story quite tragic if I must say.

So I grabbed for my favorite flavor of pistachio, not bothering to check if I pick up the half gallon one, I can always left some for my aunt anyway.

I then walked towards the counter and eventually froze like the one I held in my hands.

"So it was really you", Jungwon sauntered away from the Kim siblings who seems to bicker about what kind of flavor they would be buying for ice cream.

Sunhee kept denying her brother for his wish of a mint choco and to my surprise, they have another familiar company.

The boyfriend of the girl himself, Lee Heeseung who was put in the middle as the siblings continued to ask for his side.

My heart race sped up like someone had a slam to the pedal of my chest and I looked around if they bring that boy here.

The desire to slam my head into the conveyor bold was strong. To pass out and wake up somewhere else.

"Ni-ki's not here if you're looking for him", Jungwon said as I handed my ice cream to the cashier and he followed me up there.

"I'm not asking for him", I replied curtly.

He smiled quite mockingly at my face, "Then why are you looking around as if you were expecting someone else?"