✗ forty four ✗

⚊ chapter forty four

Go to shopping to them they said. It would be fun they said. They will pay for my food they said. It will be a short visit to the boutiques they said.

But seriously the amount of time Rei and I had circled now around the department store was becoming ridiculous. I went here in the hopes of getting free food from McDonald's but it had been far too long since we stepped in here.

It had been forty minutes or even longer than I had estimated to wait for Rei to buy something that she really wanted.

"Just pick one for fuck sake, Rei, we've been here for more than thirty minutes now", I snapped angrily causing for some other customers to turn our way.

I had sat now in front of her choosing among the shoes the pitiful saleslady keep helping her with. But if I was her who had been leaving and returning back and forth for their storage room for another sizes or another color, I would've lost my cool over Rei's choosy taste.

I was getting testy because I could also feel the lady getting tired now. Since the customer is always right, she can't say anything bad to us.

"Just wait a little more. I'm going to a wedding, Minji, not just some ordinary event", Rei said, rolling her eyes at me.

My stomach then decided to make a loud growling sound and I grew ten times more irritated. I'm a monster when I'm starving.

"Look Rei, if we don't get to eat lunch in another ten minutes, I would leave you here. It's not like we can't continue later", I threatened coldly, glaring at her with a murderous look in my face.

Rei looked at my expression and paled a bit, "Will you promise for us to return here afterwards?", she asked nervously.

"Of course. I'm also planning to buy new shoes", I promised before she nodded and then I practically ran ahead of her out of the department store.

I immediately made a beeline for McDonald's as I was in the mood for chicken, fries and burger. After I've been through by sitting for a long time, I need some energizer.

Honestly with all the shit I've been eating lately, I'm surprised I'm not getting fat yet but it's only a matter of time, I bet.

I would need to go in a jog by every morning again then. It's the only acceptable exercise I could do.

The others like crunching and planking is never on my list again. All of it will kill me before I could finish the exercise.

Once I had collected my order for Rei and I, I made my way to the spot where she texted me she would be. I furrowed my eyebrows when I spotted her, but she's not alone.

For some reason, Ni-ki, Sunoo and the one I really don't want to be here, Park Sunghoon.

What the hell were these human migraines doing here? Except for Sunoo, of course.

I slowly made my way over to them and Sunghoon was the first one to greet me, causing for the rest to look up with Sunoo waving at me heartily.

Ni-ki's eyes lit up upon meeting mine and his usual smirk was replaced by a delighted smile instead.

"Hey Grumps, still junky food I see", he said sarcastically as he gestured to my tray of food full of McDonald's chicken and fries.

Of course, my beloved ice cream for a sundae will never be absent.

I shot him a sly smile, "It's the only thing fuelling me today especially after waiting for an eternity for someone to buy one pair of shoes", I grumbled bitterly, earning a nasty glare from Rei.