✗ twenty four ✗

⚊ chapter twenty four

I don't know why but hitting somebody on the head with a trash can is on my bucket list. For sure, it will be the first thing for you to do if you wake up in the middle of the night and hear your only female friend is crying over a guy.

Rei is opened to both liking boys and girls, and even if it's not accepted widely in this country, we supported her and loved her the same.

We love her for being her regardless of what may people say. Sometimes I just hated the fact that she's secretive about her love life.

I thought her latest crush is the girl named Gaeul. As it turns out, there was a guy, a guy she met through online from summer vacation and now had apparently turned his back on their otherwise short relationship for me.

So here I am now with the boys and we entered her apartment with a box of pizza and Dongpyo went all out by buying a large bottle of vodka while I only provided an additional drink of Sprite.

We all sat in the floor and were waiting for Rei to get ready to face us from her rather messy bedroom. Clothes piled everywhere and shoes were scattered in the ground, and Dongpyo nearly strangled me by the neck after I mentioned there could be a snake there somewhere among the mess.

The mess had taken us long to clean it before we were exhausted and lying together in the spotless clean floor at last.

I sank my teeth into a cold slice of pizza and it taste dry, as dry as the tears in Rei's eyes as she wiped it with the free tissue from the pizza box.

I was certainly concerned, so is Chenle and Dongpyo.

"You good, babe?", I asked between undesirable bites.

"Yep. I'm fine, perfectly fine", she answered and I nearly puke out the food in my mouth.

Chenle, Dongpyo and I looked at each other wide-eyed, knowing she was lying and I hated it. It wasn't still she mixed the Sprite with the vodka that I knew something was very, very wrong.

"Hey, hey", I cooed, touching her arm, "You wanna stop that and listen to us?"

She plopped down beside me and burped from the carbonation, making us all laugh and it managed to break the serious atmosphere from a few seconds ago within the small room. Just like that, I knew everything will be okay.

Rei opened her eyes, "I'm sorry", she pinched the bridge of her nose, "I don't know why I'm crying"

Chenle jumped up to pick a box of tissue from the small table near the long couch and offered it to her.

"Don't waste your tears for someone who didn't deserve it", Dongpyo said, pulling her into his side.

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say but I still did my best to be comforting by lying my head against her shoulder and so Chenle did the same. We were now crowding over Rei and she cried right then, feeling so touched by our simple company.

To know that we were willing to leave our houses in the middle of the night just to be with her. And that is enough.

Dating was nerve-wracking, she said and flings weren't her thing like to the way I always did.

For me, it was easier that way. No strings attached, no commitment and most of all, I can still stay single without feeling I'm cheating to anyone.

"Do you want to talk about it?", I asked aloud once we were all lying back to the floor.

"I'm having a moment, I'll be fine", Rei said, looking up to the ceiling.

"Right", I said before catching Chenle's eyes and he's suddenly rising up from beside Dongpyo.