✗ prologue ✗

⚊ prologue

The screaming down the soccer field sounded like nails on a chalkboard. Absolutely annoying to the bones.

Can't those boys chill?

I increased my headphone's volume until my skull rattled with Troye Sivan's voice, then get out of the library with the borrowed books in hand. I brought my book bag up to my shoulder and dreaded the fact I have to pass the soccer players before I get to my class.

It's a summer class, one that can give any students ahead of the others once the new term started in one and a half month away from now.

So whilst everyone else are out there in beaches and is flying to other countries, I with a few others around are spending our days and it made the school open, available to anyone who have Id's to show to the guard.

That's why some of the soccer players are here, even if they weren't needed, they wanted to practice or just play around if they have nothing to do at home.

Most of the time, I read in silence while waiting for the teacher, who we can say, is always late for afternoon classes.

But today I didn't have the luxury of quietness.

As I hug the books to my chest, I kept my eyes ahead of the path and see no reason to let it gaze down my right. The sunlight beamed to the metal up the stands, casting shadows down the ground as I then heard,"And Ni-ki made another touchdown!"

Cheers erupted from the field.

Turning my attention at the field where the boys kicked around a soccer ball, I wondered if they could play without rattling the whole school. They seriously think no one is around, as if they own the whole place.

Will they listen if I ask them to put down the volume of their mouth?

My music quieted when a text comes through the screen:

[ Rei: Are you coming out tonight with us? ]

She's my bestfriend. I set down the books to the nearest bench to make a reply. The shouting grew louder despite of having my music almost volume up to the max.

[ Me: Idk. I'm still at school. The SC team is at it again, acting like some group of monkeys as always ]

I sent the message and resumed on my way to the next building.

I didn't have any intentions of going to the party despite Rei practically begging me to come. Our other friend, Chenle and Dongpyo can't shut up about it.

It's the biggest party of the summer, they said. It was hosted by Kim Gaeul on their beach property near Daecheon and apparently, all of our classmates are going to be there like Wonyoung and Yujin.

While I see why my friends wanted to come, I knew when I return at home that I would rather stay all night watching Titanic with a big bowl of popcorn.

I'd like to cry myself and tear down with their tragic love story than tear down myself for a party.

[ Rei: You've been saying that since last week. Your aunt will be fine with you going. Please come. We'll be waiting for you ]

My phone pinged up with her and Dongpyo already buying some clothes in a downtown boutique with Chenle posing with a pair of clothed they promised they would buy for me if I come.