Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Transmigrating to the Big Stone Village

"Hey, look how weak and sickly he is, is he all right?"

"I don't think Chen Xiao Mi will care how he looks like as long as he is still breathing."

"Look at him, such a good-for-nothing, I doubt he is able to do any farm work now, let's send him to the Chen's as soon as possible. We can't get a penny if he dis before he marries into the Chen's."

"He brings us such bad luck, let's send him to the Chen's, he will be trouble if he dies in our house."

Lu Lin who was lying in bed permitted a dry smile on hearing how the host of his soul's First Aunt (his father's brother's wife) and Third Aunt (his father's sister) talked about this poor host.

Lu Lin was an average Joe in C Country, he quit his job in the big city and returned to his hometown, he had inherited Lu's Convenience from his parents.

However, he found himself transmigrating into this dynasty on a stormy night, what was more bizarre was he had a mole on his forearm that was connected to Lu's Convenience.

He had also found time didn't exist in Lu's Convenience, he sneaked back into the store and found the bowl of noodles he had put on the counter before he transmigrated was still warm, therefore he didn't need to worry about the food in the store would go bad.

Lu Lin figured he better keep his story and his convenience store a secret for he knew how superstitious those villagers could be, he didn't want to draw the fire upon himself.

Lu Lin had obtained the host's memory, this was a time and space that was similar to the ancient times in C Country. What was different was there were not only men and women in this time and space, but there was also a group of people called Bios. Bios usually had manly features with a birthmark shaped like a flower on the forehead, they were not as tall as men and they were able to bear children, however, they would endure a harder labor than women.

The host was indeed ill-stared, his grandparents had three sons and one daughter, and his father ranked the second, his father was his grandparents' least favorite, so his grandparents asked his father to perform military service.

The thing was his grandparents could have paid some money to exempt his father from military service, but they were such misers that they would rather send their second son to the army. What infuriated Lu Lin was the host's grandparents had sent his cousin to school, which was a luxury in that time and space. How unfair was that!

The host's father, however, carried filial piety to the letter. He listened to the host's grandparents and went to the army, leaving the host and his mother at home.

The host's father was the least favorite son at home, his mother and him of course would have an even harder time after he left.

The host's mother was a woman of humble birth, she was quiet and reserved by nature, a hard worker she was, but she never showed off her cleverness and she would just endure all the unfairness.

The tedious farm work fell on the host's mother and the host after the host's father joined the army, the host's mother's health went steadily downhill due to the hardship and toil.

What had supported the host mother was the faith that the host's father would return in glory one day soon, but as the saying went, calamities come in succession, soon there came the news that the host's father had laid down his life on the battlefield.

The host's mother who had already overtaxed herself had succumbed to grief after hearing the news.

The villagers started to talk about how the host's grandparents had been ill-treating the host's parents. The host's grandmother went to the length of slandering the host, she said the host was the culprit all the tragedies, the host was ill-starred, and he would only bring bad luck to his family.