Chapter 174

Chapter 174: Fish Cabin Restaurant

In the capital city.

Chen Xiao Mai held his face and said in confusion, "It's so strange. It's been a long time since Highness Cheng came to our house!"

Highness Cheng always invited himself to their house, which made Mai frown from time to time. However, Mai started to miss Highness Cheng now that he hadn't seen him for a while. Plus Highness Cheng was very generous and he would bring gifts every time he came.

Ji Yun An glanced at Chen Xiao Mai and said, "Highness Cheng is not in the capital city, you don't know that?"

Chen Xiao Mai was a little surprised. "Is that so? I haven't heard of it."

Ji Yun An smiled bitterly and said, "Yes!"

It was said that the trigger was the consort and the concubine had a dispute about whose turn it was to spend the night with Highness Cheng. Highness Cheng left the manor on the excuse of attending a banquet.

That night, the consort thought Highness Cheng spent the night with the concubine after he came back from the banquet, and the concubine thought Highness Cheng spent the night with the consort.

It wasn't until the next day that the two of them found that Highness Cheng wasn't home. And neither of them had any clue about Highness Cheng's whereabouts.

This wasn't the first time that the consort and the concubine fought for Highness's attention, the two ladies reported this to the emperor, blaming each other for Highness Cheng's runaway. However, the Emperor had heard enough of Highness Cheng's family affairs, he couldn't be bothered to give it any attention this time, he just comforted the two ladies by saying something like he was sure Highness Cheng would come back soon.

Chen Xiao Mai blinked and said, "I think Highness Cheng is in Fish Cabin County now."

Ji Yun An nodded, that was exactly what he thought as well. He knew Highness Cheng had long been considering visiting Lu Lin and his family.

Chen Xiao Mai tilted his head and said, "I also want to go visit Big Brother."

Ji Yun An said apologetically, "Sorry, you are staying in the capital city all because of me."

Chen Xiao Mai blinked and said, "No, don't say sorry, we are married now, I want to be wherever you are."

Chen Xiao Mai lowered his head and thought to himself, 'Husband and wife are supposed to be together. I occasionally misses Big Brother, but I'm sure I will miss Yun An all the time if I'm not with him.'

......

Lu Lin walked into the county yamen and saw Chen Xiao Cai waiting for him in the hall.

Chen Xiao Cai had moved out a while ago. Seeing Chen Xiao Cai at noon, Lu Lin was a little surprised, "Cai, is everything okay?"

Chen Xiao Cai held his chin and said, "Highness Cheng just went to the buffet restaurant."

Lu Lin nodded, "Oh, how come I'm not surprised, I know Highness Cheng isn't a snob like the young masters from the capital city we have met in Sha County!"

Chen Xiao Cai nodded. "Highness Cheng bought a ticket with 10 cents, but he left a 10-tale tip! No one in the restaurant knows who he is, they were all shocked. The shopkeeper rushed to my residence just now and reported it to me, I knew immediately it must be Highness Cheng according to the description."

Lu Lin's mouth twitched. 'His Highness is too generous, I appreciate his tips, but he better stop doing that just in case people figure out his true identity!'