Chapter 92

Chapter 92: Internal Conflicts in the Chen Family

In the Chen family.

"Father, you can't just stand aside when I'm drowning! Jing is your grandson, my son!" Chen Shou Xin said emotionally.

Chen Shou Ren, Chen Jing's uncle, said with a cold face, "Father, I've already said that my nephew Jing is no studying material. He got the title of Tongsheng by luck, no way can he become a Xiucai, we should know his limits."

Chen Shou Xin looked at Chen Shou Ren angrily, "Third Brother, what do you mean by that?"

Chen Shou Ren retorted, "Big Brother, Chen Jing has a debt of 100 tales of silver now! We have to sell at least half of our farmland to repay his debt, brother, have you thought about other family members? Have you thought about our future? You want us to starve to death so you can save your son?"

Chen Shou Xin was reluctant to admit it, "How can it be as serious as you said?"

"100 Taels is not serious, I beg your pardon! Brother, if you don't think it's serious, then you pay the debt by yourself. Don't beg our parents."

" Jing is your nephew. Do you want to watch him die? Why are you so ruthless?!"

Chen Shou Ren said discontentedly, "Big Brother, it is your son who has caused this terrible disaster. And now you are calling me ruthless?"

Grandpa Chen looked at his two sons and sighed, "Alright, stop this, let's solve this problem together like a family."

Chen Shou Xin changed the subject sullenly, "I cannot believe our Fourth Sister has only brought two hundred cents."

Chen Shou Xin was still a little frightened by the butcher Chen Chun'er married, so he didn't dare to say it directly. He only told Chen Chun'er that theri father was critically ill and father wanted to see her.

As soon as Chen Chun'er came back, the whole family surrounded her, asking for money. Chen Chun'er had to give them all she had -200 cents- before she could leave.

"Father, you really want to sell farmland!" Chen Shou Ren asked.

Grandpa Chen sighed and said, "We have to sell a few mus, and we can borrow the rest from Xiao Mi."

Grandma Chen said excitedly, "Chen Xiao Mi has money. If he is willing to help, we don't have to sell even one mu of our farmland."

Grandpa Chen glared at Grandma Chen and said, "Don't talk nonsense. You don't know what kind of personality Xiao Mi has, don't go too far!"

"But I don't want to sell our farmland. If he doesn't lend us this money, I'll hang myself in front of his store. I don't believe that I can't change his mind," Grandma Chen howled.

Chen Shou Xin nodded and quickly said, "Yeah! Xiao Mi is family. How can he fold his hands and see his cousin die?"

Chen Shou Ren and Chen Shou Xin saw eye to eye when it came to Chen Xiao Mi. Chen Shou Ren really didn't want to give Chen Jing this money, but it was impossible for him to not get involved in his nephew's matter. Moreover, even if he didn't help Chen Jing and Chen Jing didn't repay them in the end, he knew those people wouldn't leave them alone.

Therefore, in this situation, he just wished Chen Xiao Mi could help out with, so the rest of the family could have a break.

......

"Father, what did my grandparents say?" Chen He asked when he saw Chen Shou Ren enter the house.

Chen Shou Ren sighed and said, "Your grandparents are helping Jing out."