Chapter 139

Chapter 139: Glorious Homecoming

The news of Chen Xiao Cai's return quickly spread across the village.

The members of the Chen clan were very excited. They were all shocked when Lu Lin sold the commercial house and bought an official post with thousands of tales of silver, they all thought Lu Lin and his family must be even more wealthy now. There were eight guards in Xiao Cai and Shen Chi's procession, they were in awe of the ostentation and extravagance.

A few members of the Chen Clan had a gathering about this matter.

"Chen Xiao Cai is back. He is a big shot in our entire village now, and his family name is Chen, shall we receive and entertain him this time?"

"Yeah, I agree! We need to be on great terms with him, he is one of the most influential figures in the entire town now."

"But I heard he is living in the inn in town. It's not convenient for us to approach him if he lives in town! If he were still living in the village, it would be so much easier."

"Inn, that's a waste of money! Isn't the Shen family's house still in good condition?"

A few people who were listening couldn't help but whisper. In the eyes of the villagers, living in the inn while you had a house was a complete waste of money. Chen Xiao Cai had actually booked the entire inn for him and even the guards.

"The Shen family's house is too old and small. Chen Xiao Mi's old house was well built! But they sold it due to Chen Jing's debt, I think they would have stayed in that house if it were still available."

"Why are Xiao Cai and Shen Chi back?!"

"Xiao Cai and Shen Chi have two sons, the second son's family name is Shen, so Shen Chi comes back to add the second son's name into the pedigree of Shen clan, and Shen Chi wants to pay respects to Granny Shen's grave."

The Clan Leader Chen Ding was confused. "Why would Chen Xiao Cai allow his son to have the family name of Shen?"

"Shen Chi is the only family member in the Shen family, and they promised Granny Shen that they would carry on the family line for the Shens by her deathbed."

"But Shen Chi is a Bio, and he is already married to Chen Xiao Cai. Of course their kids should all be Chens! It doesn't make sense they are adding a son's name to the pedigree of Shen clan." An elder from the Chen clan could not help but make that sour remark.

This elder once thought about marrying his little granddaughter to Xiao Cai as a concubine, but Chen Xiao Cai refused.

"Well well well, why don't you talk to him and change his mind, " the other elder retorted.

Not a sound could be heard in the hall after the elder said that, they were well aware Chen Xiao Cai couldn't care less about them.

"Clan Leader, what are we going to do about this?"

" We have offended Chen Xiao Cai and his brothers due to Chen Jing and Chen Shou Xin. This time, we need to play is delicately and make things right."

Chen Ding pressed his forehead in frustration, having no idea what he should do.

......

In the Chen family.

"Old Chen, is Chen Xiao Cai back?"

Chen Shou Xin nodded to his wife and said, "Yes."

When the villagers in Chen Clan heard that Chen Xiao Cai was back, they all wanted to patch things up and curry favor with him. Recently, the clan had been holding gatherings from time to time, and they had been avoiding Chen Shou Xin and his family.