Chapter 171

Chapter 171: To Uphold Justice

The rooms in the new dormitory building were bought one after another. Most of the people who bought dormitory had family members who were living with them. Sharing a room with other people could be troublesome for them, especially for young couples. Lu Lin charged a really fair price, most fishermen couls afford 3 tales of silver.

Chen Xiao Cai later learned that Zhou An got married, he gave Zhou An a big red envelop with cash gift inside, he also gave Zhou An six buffet tickets. Li Xiaoyu was very happy that his husband was working for such a thoughtful boss.

Zhou An and Li Xiaoyu held a simple wedding ceremony. Although the ceremony was very small and simple, Li Xiaoyu still was very excited.

Even though Li Xiaoyu's first husband had given him a lot of betrothal gifts, but his parents had taken them all from him.

Li Xiaoyu had been working in the fleet after he married Zhou An.

Li Xiaoyu was quick and neat with work, he always delivered no matter what his task was. Before this, he married an old lady to do a side room outside. He attributed it to the years he worked as a servant in his first husband's house.

Shen Chi and a group of fishermen was counting the squid when Han Feng rushed over to him.

"Madam Shen, bad news!"

Shen Chi glanced at the person running over and asked calmly, "What happened? Talk to me."

"A few people from Big Pear Village have come. They say that Zhou An's wife Li Xiaoyu is their son, they will take him back unless Zhou An is willing to pay them twenty taels of silver as betrayal gift." Han Feng said.

Han Feng thought to himself, "Li Xiaoyu's parents have gone too far! They want twenty taels of silver, and they are not willing to budge. We can still find a way to chip in and pool money if it's a small number, but 20 taels! I feel so sorry for Zhou An, does he have to part with his wife now?'

Shen Chi glanced at Han Feng and asked, "What about Zhou An and his wife? Have you talked to them about this?"

"Zhou An is here. His wife went out and hasn't come back yet," Han Feng glanced at Shen Chi in a strange way. Han Feng felt that Shen Chi was too calm, it almost felt like Shen Chi knew that this would happen.

Shen Chi nodded and said, "I'll go take a look."

Shen Chi walked to the open space in front of the dormitory buildings. Two old people, a young man and several villagers of Big Pear Village were confronting the fishermen.

"Madam Shen is here, Madam Shen is here."

The fishermen had cleared the way for Shen Chi.

When Li Hong, Li Xioayu's older brother, saw Shen Chi, he raised his head and said arrogantly, "It looks like you are the boss here, aren't you? Here is the thing, one fisherman in your fleet has abducted my younger brother. We're here to take my brithe away," Li Hong was contemptuous of Shen Chi because Shen Chi was a Bio.

Shen Chi glanced at the fishermen beside him. Some of them had probably just argued with Li Hong considering how indignant they looked.

"Your brother? Who is your brother? "

"My younger brother's name is Li Xiaoyu. Oh, wait, I believe he goes by Zhou Yu now."

"Zhou Yu is Zhou Yu, Li Xiaoyu is Li Xiaoyu, why should I take your word for it and believe Zhou Yu is Li Xiaoyu? Then I say that he is your father!" Shen Chi pointed at a fisherman.

The fisherman chuckled and said with a glib tongue, "Good son, call me daddy."

The few fishermen started to cheer up. "Old He, your son is ugly!"