Chapter 132

Chapter 132: Thriving Business

Chen Xiao Cai's business in the capital was flourishing, the three volumes of Journey to the West were widely acclaimed.

After releasing the three volumes of Journey to the West, Ji Yun An also launched the hardback edition, he and Chen Xiao Cai had even invited artists to do the illustration.

They printed 100 copies of the hardback edition and each was sold for eight taels of silver.

Of course people scrambled to buy the hardback edition, even those who had purchased before wanted to add the new edition to their collection.

Chen Xiao Cai heard that this book seemed to be very popular among the rich young ladies. Many young ladies had asked their servant girls to come out to buy books.

Chen Xiao Cai once again exclaimed that how wealthy people in the capital city were! They were willing to spend 8 tales of silver on books.

Because the hardback editions were limited took pride in being able to snatch one set.

Chen Xiao Cai thought hesitated a while when Ji Yun An suggested pricing the book as 8 taels, he wasn't confident that anyone was willing to spend that much money on a set of books. But to his surprise, the books were sold out as soon as they were launched.

Chen Xiao Cai's eyes sparkled as he checked the account book, "We've made so much money!"

Ji Yun An nodded and said, "Yeah!"

Ji Yun An thought to himself that most of his uncle's money was used to help out the veterans, and his uncle had been struggling to find an academy for him, he felt like it was time he should support his uncle.

Chen Xiao Cai balanced the accounts with great excitement, he had made more than 1,000 taels of silver within a month since arrived at the capital city. And that was after he shared half with Ji Yun An.

Chen Xiao Cai shared the money with Ji Yun An without a fuss. He was well aware network was more important than anything in a place like the capital city, the reason their business went so smoothly was due to the Jis. He shared the money with Ji Yun An, it actually meant he was sharing the money with giving Ji Cheng Kang.

If he came to the capital city alone to sell his books, he might have been targeted by others.

Chen Xiao Cai found that he seemed to have become a celebrity now, there were so many people dying to meet him.

Ji Cheng Kang arranged several bodyguards for him in case people with an ulterior motive pestered him.

......

Chen Xiao Mai came back home with sugarcoated haws on a stick and exclaimed, "Second Brother, Second Brother."

Chen Xiao Cai looked at Chen Xiao Mai with a gentle look in his eyes, "Hey, Mai, were you out?"

Chen Xiao Mai nodded, "Yeah! Brother Ji took me to the market just now. We saw a monkey show!"

Chen Xiao Cai murmured, "Monkey show?"

During this period of time, there was a new trend in the capital city, rich families liked to raise monkeys as pets. Especially after he and Ji Yun An started to sell the book Journey to the West, people were more interested in raising monkeys.

Chen Xiao Cai couldn't help but feel he had become a trendsetter.

"Where's Ji Yun An?" Chen Xiao Cai asked casually.

Chen Xiao Mai shook his head and said, "He went to see the guests. He doesn't seem happy though."

"What guests?"